When will the UFC host a stadium of 80,000 people?

Outsider524

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We've heard from Dana's mouth the UFC will become the biggest sport in the world. at ufc159 he was quoted for saying "Obama would have to sit on his lap if he wanted a seat" Obviously he is a promoter and will say crazy things......But how long do you think it'll take the UFC to seat 80,000 closest so far is 55k with GSP vs Shields.

Found it kind of funny. The sport which people claim is dead "Boxing" Just filled a stadium of 80,000 people in London,England 5,000 in attendance at weigh-ins

I totaled out all the attendance of the UFC that took place in London and this is what I got.

UFC london Gus vs Manuwa=14,604
UFC Fuel tv=10,349
UFC 120 Bisping vs Akiyama=17,133
UFC 95 Sanchez vs Stevenson 13,268
UFC 85 Bedlam 15,327
UFC 75=16,234
UFC 38=5,000

Grand total=91,915

The take away, It takes 6 1/2 ufc London cards to equal Carl vs Froch

So clearly it has a long way from being the biggest sport in the world.

Just gotta put the right card with the right venue.

When mma is as big as boxing.

Wont happen anytime soon, if anything the crowd attendance is dropping instead of growing. UFC 173 was short 5k ppl for 16k max attendance. They would have to open a new market who have been hydrated for MMA since forever. Like sweden or something....

On a side note:

UFC is bigger then football already bro! didnt you hear? No matter Barcalona pulls 99.000 ppl each home game. 19 times a year not even counting cup matches / champions league.

Conor McGregor could get 80,000 people in a stadium to watch him take a shit

Isn't the Sweden stadium 80k that they're aiming for?

I dont think there is a single fight that would draw 80k now. It would have had to be GSP vs Silva for that too happen.

Only shot they have at that now is GSP vs Silva, which isnt going to happen. UFC should have done it when they had the chance

Maybe they aren't as big as boxing in the UK?

In Brazil, some soccer regional matches fill 60k people every week, I doubt Tennis would do the same, even when we had the No.1 place for some time with Kuerten.

I don't doubt Dana when he says they can put 80K butts inside a stadium, depends where the stadium is located. In Brazil? Sure. In the UK? Never.

How much does the NFL games that have been played in Europe pull in? I'm curious since so many people on here talk about how the NFL is so small outside the US.

Conor McGregor could get 80,000 people in a stadium to watch him take a shit

This is actually what came to mind for me.

Could fill aviva stadium as long the prices weren't too expensive

When somebody fights Floyd.

Edit: Oh snap... Purple belt. Didn't even realise.

Maybe they aren't as big as boxing in the UK?

In Brazil, some soccer regional matches fill 60k people every week, I doubt Tennis would do the same, even when we had the No.1 place for some time with Kuerten.

I don't doubt Dana when he says they can put 80K butts inside a stadium, depends where the stadium is located. In Brazil? Sure. In the UK? Never.

It's fucking ridiculous how much people like soccer. Dumbest game ever

they replaced the world cup final game with MM and Benevidez versus Struve.

you know since UFC is way more popular than football

Soon , Rousey card at Dallas stadium with a crappy co main no less......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back