When will fans start supporting fighters instead of the promotions?

fedorlegenda

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The sport is called mma and there should be many successful promotions for the sake of the fighters and fans. National sport leagues like NHL, NBA, NFL and NBL don

Some do, some don't. Stop whining and acting like nobody does.

So basically a boxing cold war?

The system is fine as is. The UFC is the #1 organization, consistently on TV and financially buoyant, Bellator is the #2 which is growing IMO, you've got a few other organizations on TV and then you've got your international organizations which are doing good business in their markets.

You should be rooting for a stronger developmental regional circuit so fighters aren't rushed into action when called upon by the UFC.

If we take boxing for an example. Do you want "Don King Promotions" to sign most of the top boxers in the world and control the sport? That

I'd like to think that I support the fighters and not organizations but most people don't see it that way. They love to get caught up in the UFC vs. Everyone else angle. It's pathetic really.

MMA has gotten into this weirdo territory where promoters become these rock-n-roll celebrities....seems so strange to me, as I have friends who are huge into other pro sports and care about teams or players, not coaches and owners.

Back