When will Conor stop getting lucky???

Toughest road? Holloway was only 21 when they fought, Brandao and Poirier are journeymen, Brimage and Siver should be fighting in the women's trawweight division and Mendes took the fight on 2 weeks notice

It's easy to put down anyone's opposition. Take Aldo for example: great champion? He only beat a glass-chined mini-Mendes twice, Lamas who's already forgotten, Zombie who never beat a big name, Frankie coming off multiple losses, going-into-retirement Kenny and Mark Homin-who...

You call that a champion? There's not one legit contender in there if we go by the standards you set in your vitriolic post. And don't talk about RDA who loss to Tibau and Guida or Nate with his two-digit losses. While we're at it, Lawler is also overrated, got beat up by multiple opponents, Rockhold got beat by old-man Vitor, Cormier wears a paper belt and Werdum is just in line to lose, guy got kicked out of the UFC for crying out loud!

You see? It's easy to bring down a fighter when you leave out the fact that he stepped into the cage and went all-in for your futile entertainment...

Frankie Edgar fought B.J. Penn, Gray Maynard and Benson Henderson, twice.

Excuse me? Those were all LW fights AND he lost to Benson Henderson, twice.

Is that really the best you have?

Excuse me? Those were all LW fights AND he lost to Benson Henderson, twice.

Is that really the best you have?
You asked for tough fights, not easy wins. Those were all tough fights.

It has seemed like things have broken his way a lot. But at the same time he is making his own luck too.

It's like watching Phil Ivey catch good cards in poker. It can be rattling when someone who already has the skill is getting the luck factor too but it doesn't take away from the fact they have the skill.

And Conor has put himself in good situations by always being the one who makes it to the fight.

You asked for tough fights, not easy wins. Those were all tough fights.

No - I asked who had the harder road to the title.

Losses & draws do not a road make. A road to the title needs to be wins. Are you that stupid?

You think that someone should get a title shot when there last 4 fights were 1 win, 1 draw and 2 losses? Hahahaha

No - I asked who had the harder road to the title.

Losses & draws do not a road make. A road to the title needs to be wins. Are you that stupid?

You think that someone should get a title shot when there last 4 fights were 1 win, 1 draw and 2 losses? Hahahaha
Why do you think they gave him the title shot? If you think they gave a guy who had never fought at FW a title shot for no reason then you're the biggest retard I've seen on this Sherdog this month.

Here are the reasons:
- He won the LW belt and defended it 3 times.
- He fought nothing but killers for 6 fights straight.
- He got robbed in his last fight at LW.

That's why he got the title shot.

I didn't realize Aldo and Anjos both meant duck in Portuguese

Why do you think they gave him the title shot? If you think they gave a guy who had never fought at FW a title shot for no reason then you're the biggest retard I've seen on this Sherdog this month.

Here are the reasons:
- He won the LW belt and defended it 3 times.
- He fought nothing but killers for 6 fights straight.
- He got robbed in his last fight at LW.

That's why he got the title shot.

Last four fights, 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses. Even if we gave him his win for last fight, it still equates to 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss.

So let me get this straight, TS. You're upset that Conor actually turns up and fights as per his agreements, when others fail to do so?

Last four fights, 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses. Even if we gave him his win for last fight, it still equates to 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss.
A draw means he gets to keep his title.
1 win against the guy he drew to.
1 win against the guy he lost to.

Seems legit to me.

Toughest road? Holloway was only 21 when they fought, Brandao and Poirier are journeymen, Brimage and Siver should be fighting in the women's trawweight division and Mendes took the fight on 2 weeks notice
Poirier is a journeyman? Wow man....

A draw means he gets to keep his title.
1 win against the guy he drew to.
1 win against the guy he lost to.

Seems legit to me.

Sigh. Okay fine. 1 draw, 1 loss and two wins (all in LW division and I'm overturning his last loss) is better than 6 straight wins in the FW division to Aldos belt.

So let me get this straight, TS. You're upset that Conor actually turns up and fights as per his agreements, when others fail to do so?
I'm upset he's outrageously lucky an doesn't deserve his hype.

Sigh. Okay fine. 1 draw, 1 loss and two wins (all in LW division and I'm overturning his last loss) is better than 6 straight wins in the FW division to Aldos belt.
6 wins against bums, midgets and untrained fighters.

Haters are reaching... all of Conor's TKO/KO wins are luck too

I'm upset he's outrageously lucky an doesn't deserve his hype.

Luck of the Irish eh?

Four out of eight opponents pull out, including two champions around 2 weeks before a fight he's been prepping up for. Lucky fellah alright.

Its not luck. Its the UFC paving the path

Back