When will Carwin return?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-future-and-relationship-with-stephan-bonnar

ARTICLE is right here guys ^^ one about Shane,and then Bonnar

I myself just barely read it 2 days ago, sucks to hear

The 37-year-old heavyweight was already coming off an extended layoff due to back surgery that kept him out of action for over a year. The latest injury will keep him on the shelf even longer as he attempts to repair his body for one last run.

The UFC president isn't too sure that the former UFC interim heavyweight champion can bounce back from such an injury.

"I dunno, man. I just talked to him the other day. He's so depressed. He's completely bummed out and depressed and I feel bad for the guy. It's tough to bounce back," White told Bleacher Report. "Especially cause he's not getting any younger and having a major injury like that, it's tough to bounce back from."

Judging from his words and mannerisms, White doesn't see an Octagon return as likely for Carwin, as his body just doesn't seem to be holding up under the rigors of intense training.

Ah, that's different.

I thought we were talking about an actual diagnosis of depression, where he doesn't want to get out bed or train or anything.

Dana's just saying he's unhappy he can't stay healthy. Big difference.

Sounds like between age, chronic back injury, and <ahem> potential supplement changes after showing up in a PED investigation, his body may be packing it in.

38 with some serious injuries over the course of his career. I think it's unlikely we see him again

hopefully we get to see him at least one more time... but i honestly doubt we'll get another fight out of him

He's supposed to be able to fight in February.

hopefully soon, i like the guy but tired of getting hyped to see him fight and him pulling out everytime

Ah, that's different.

I thought we were talking about an actual diagnosis of depression, where he doesn't want to get out bed or train or anything.

Sounds like between age, chronic back injury, and <ahem> potential supplement changes after showing up in a PED investigation, his body may be packing it in.

yeah, more like he is bummed out about not being able to fight right now, and depressed about it, thats the way I took it

Carwin pulls out more often than Peter North.

Sadly probably never. Honestly he gets injured all the time and he isn't getting any younger.

If his body can handle it (which honestly is an if because if you're getting injured that often and for that long...that tells you something) I'd really love to see him come back.

I think his career could go down as one of the biggest "what a shame"'s in mma history

because here was a guy who came out of nowhere and went on this crazy 12-0 run.

He one punched Gonzaga.

He DOMINATED Frank Mir

and suddenly he was getting a shot at Brock Lesnar and it seemed like the division was basically going to be these two guys for a long, long time (Because at this point people weren't sure anyone could handle their size)

So he dominates Lesnar for 1 round, gets inches away from the stoppage, but then you know the rest. Second round submission loss.

But that's okay, no shame in losing to the Champ, especially when you performed well.

But it takes him 11 months to finally come back and he does so against Junior Dos Santos and gets absolutely picked apart from bell to bell. Brutal beating.

and that was june of 2011 and he hasn't fought since. He came into the UFC at the age of 33, and now he'll be 38 in January.

Anyway, my main point was that considering going into the Lesnar fight (And even directly after it) he was considered one of the top 2 heavyweights in the UFC. And even once Cain and JDS took the throne, people kept Carwin in the top 5, and then later the top 10 at least.

Even as recently as this year, his name would still get brought up as one of the guys who could potentially beat anyone if he was healthy. JDS, Cain, Lesnar, Carwin. Those were the big 4 before Overeem came in but Lesnar retired and Carwin has just flat out been MIA for 2 years now.

I HATE that the nelson fight fell apart. I think he could've caved Roy's face in.

I just really hope he makes ONE more run. Even if he fights and gets a quick loss just so we can all go "oh ok... he's done" then at least there won't be all this "what if" stuff
Ah, that's different.

usually when people say "so'n'so is depressed" in casual conversation, they're not referring to clinical depression.

Like if I said "my dad died. I'm so depressed." it's just another word for sad to most people.

Back