When will Angela Lee defend her title?

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like pretty much everyone who has seen it, I enjoyed Angela Lee's fight with VV Mei for the ONE Championship title. However, I knew as soon as she won, we wouldn't see her in the cage again for quite a while. The fight was back in May, and not only has she not fought since then, there hasn't even been a clue as to when her next fight will be.

ONE will most likely have her defend the title in Singapore, as that is their chief market for her. They only have two events scheduled for the city state next year, May and November. Which do you predict she will fight on? Any other ideas?

One FC's women division, the shallowest place on earth.

Wouldnt mind Angela Lee on a card with Askren. Waiting until May would be depressing (and likely though) in fact i will be even more pessimistic. Either Ben or Angela will still have not fought this year come June and I worry that it will probably be Ben.

Angela lee is probably mad right now. She said she wants to fight and be active and one fkin bitchass fc won't give her fights. I luv one fc but they r fkin retards.

Nah, she's the Champ now and very well taken care of by ONE/Evolve and her sponsors. It's the sort of cushy gig fighters can only dream of.

One FC's women division, the shallowest place on earth.
They don't have to be. There's a lot of Chinese, Japanese, and expatriate talent in Thailand. They simply don't pursue it.

Nah, she's the Champ now and very well taken care of by ONE/Evolve and her sponsors. It's the sort of cushy gig fighters can only dream of.
While I'm sure the traveling is nice, I can't imagine a fighter as active as she was enjoys going so long between fights, especially when there is no future fight anywhere in sight.

While I'm sure the traveling is nice, I can't imagine a fighter as active as she was enjoys going so long between fights, especially when there is no future fight anywhere in sight.

Well, I can't pretend to know her mind, but now that she's the Champ and making a lot more money there's less to gain by fighting as regularly as she did before. And a lot to lose.

It's the ONE title. Considering how little their champs defend them, it's probably better just to be one of their stars who fights more often, like she was before the title

She wants to fight tho and one fc isn't giving her any

I'm not saying she doesn't want to fight. Just that there's clearly money that comes with being a ONE champion that doesn't require fighting. Their champs all seem very satisfied despite being inactive.

Lee vs Istela Nunes would've been the better matchup imo.

Defending against another Atomweight, huge step back from V.V Mei as well.

Defending against another Atomweight, huge step back from V.V Mei as well.

In before someone defends it as "they are fighting at Atomweight. it's "hydrated" atomweight blah blah etc etc."

Well, one of these fighters is an Atomweight, at least.....
one-championship-kicks-off-one-warrior-kingdom-blockbuster-press-conference.jpg

The upside to no regulation, get to make a sweeping weight cutting rule change.

The downside to no regulation give Lee and Gracie a pass on no water cutting rule and make their opponents fight with a weight disadvantage, allegedly.

Back