When will "A Level Athletes" come to WMMA? Possibly an exciting celeb athlete?

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have always rooted for (purely as a physical underdog) Modafferi and am pretty unimpressed by what I've seen from Maycee Barber relative to the hype. Can we agree these folks have already reached their physical peak after years of training? Or are there any "athletes" in the WMMA pipeline?

Right now a top athletic female can earn good money (100K+ a year as a Top 100 ranked participant) in:
Track
Basketball
Soccer
Tennis
Golf
Figure Skating
Surfing
Any other sports I'm missing?

I feel it's only a matter of time before a 500k+ payday could lure some ladies into the fray.
Obviously you've got someone like Kayla Harrison with an actual judo pedigree, but I wouldn't say she exudes A-level general athletics and her sport is not an "A level" commercial pursuit.

Last edited:
Both Serena and Venus Williams KO Barber with one week of training.

Ronda is pretty A-level. She medalled in the Olympics.

I have always rooted for (purely as a physical underdog) Modafferi and am pretty unimpressed by what I've seen from Maycee Barber relative to the hype. Can we agree these folks have already reached their physical peak after years of training? Or are there any "athletes" in the WMMA pipeline?

Right now a top athletic female can earn good money in:
Track
Basketball
Soccer
Tennis
Golf.
Any other sports I'm missing?

I feel it's only a matter of time before a 500k+ payday could lure some ladies into the fray.
Obviously you've got someone like Kayla Harrison with an actual judo pedigree, but I wouldn't say she exudes A-level general athletics.
Women's Crossfit and I'm dead serious.

We all know Men's Crossfit is a joke filled with bums who failed to make the football team. But the women's counterpart is actually the cream of the female athletic crop.
murph.jpg

2017-crossfit-games-behind-the-scenes-series-copy-1440xauto@2x.jpg

It's also more prestigious than other strength sports available to them. And the participant pool is massive and growing.

The problem is that it's almost completely white. But then again so is women's soccer and tennis (for the most part).

inb4 USADA

Maybe when they start paying a bit better, better off being a high school wrestling coach than gettimg CTE just to be able to afford a 2 bedroom apartment. Until then, athletes will chase the money and MMA will be left with Cindy Dandois and Juan Adams.

>In Women’s Judo

There’s no A-Level athletes in women’s athletics

<{yahyou}>
Except there is; I already listed a number of sports that provide live-changing levels of pay to the best female athletes.

There is no such thing as an A-level female athlete. A top female athlete is a B-level highschool male athlete at best.

Women's Crossfit and I'm dead serious.

We all know Men's Crossfit is a joke filled with bums who failed to make the football team. But the women's counterpart is actually the cream of the female athletic crop.
murph.jpg

2017-crossfit-games-behind-the-scenes-series-copy-1440xauto@2x.jpg

It's also more prestigious than other strength sports available to them. And the participant pool is massive and growing.

The problem is that it's almost completely white. But then again so is women's soccer and tennis (for the most part).

inb4 USADA
USADA

It is impossible and will never happen because women are biologically different. They’re not made for sports but that’s off topic.

There is a reason why the U15s boys team schooled the US/Australian women’s national team and Serena William losing to some random amateur teenager.

There is no such thing as an A-level female athlete. A top female athlete is a B-level highschool male athlete at best.
Compared to a leopard or chimpanzee, every human is an unathletic scrub. Assessing athleticism can only make sense if we establish who their competitors are. For males, it will be other males in their class- whether that's weight class or age. For females, it's going to be other women.

This thread is full of out of shape retards who struggles with climbing stairs yet call other athletes b level

It is impossible and will never happen because women are biologically different. They’re not made for sports but that’s off topic.

There is a reason why the U15s boys team schooled the US/Australian women’s national team and Serena William losing to some random amateur teenager.
Oh hey look it's the manlet crowd that can't grasp grading on a curve.
I clearly presented a bunch of sports that attract money and top female athletes (relative to other women), but of course leave it guys named Misanthropist and Devout Pessimist to chime in with some derivative psychobabble.
Women currently make good money for sports competitions all around the world and I just love to think how much it must suck to be sitting around on Sherdog spouting off about how weak women are, while thousands of them make more than you'll ever see during your little lifetime.

Back