When will 205 become too much for Jones body ?

SAPFO

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
And he has to move up...

Filling out, metabolism slowing down etc. Happens to us all in the end. I reckon with Jones it may get him around 34/35. His bro's are huge, so why would he be the slim one? There is no way off season he loses weight with a regular diet. JJ could be 250 and look regular.

Last edited:
Did he look bad to you or something?

He just said that cuts to 205 easily and could probably make MW.

it wont. he said he is making lhw easier than ever. He said he upped his calories weeks out form the fight because he was a little too light.

He was weighing 218 3 weeks out form the fight. The cut is easy for him

No time soon according to him. Said he has no issues making 205.

Probably never.

He had to stuff himself and eat like a pig to maintain his weight during this camp.

He's pretty much the skinniest guy in the division, and his bones are made of glass so they weigh less.

He wont. He said the cuts are getting easier and he doesn't want to. Not going to happen.

I would think weighing in in sweat pants is a pretty good indicator that it's not "too much".

When he turns 30 that metabolism will slow down. I think then is when it will get tough.
Maybe it's already getting hard. I know he talked about how easy the cut was.
But he then when on to say he needed to start training in the offseason. Part of that may be to keep from blowing up and having to cut weight.

I think he meant when his body fills out and he is forced to move up.

I'm not sure it will exactly. I don't think his body is going to fill out naturally anymore since he's already 27. Although weight cutting might be a bit harder on him as he goes up in years.

I believe that if he moves up to HW it won't be because the cut is too hard on him, but because he willingly wants to challenge himself there.

No time soon according to him. Said he has no issues making 205.

He said hell fight Cain Velazquez in a heartbeat and then went on to say how hes staying at 205 and will be there for a long time...So much for saying in a heartbeat and completely contradicting what u said 5 minutes earlier. What a phony.

He said hell fight Cain Velazquez in a heartbeat and then went on to say how hes staying at 205 and will be there for a long time...So much for saying in a heartbeat and completely contradicting what u said 5 minutes earlier. What a phony.

If you paid even passing attention to the full conversation, rather than regurgitating a a sound bite to bolster your bias, you would understand the context. He said he would fight a HW fight against the right opponent, and specifically mentioned that he would fight Cain "in a heart beat". But he has no plans of permanently moving up to HW, because he is a natural LHW who has no trouble making weight.

He's pretty much the skinniest guy in the division, and his bones are made of glass so they weigh less.

In terms of fighter build, Jon is considered "skinny", but even DC said he underestimated how big and strong Jon was. If you've ever seen the guy in person up close, you'd realize that he's not "skinny". His build is more akin to a Wide Receiver in the NFL, closer to Calvin Johnson than anything.

This. Lol, another whitebelt thread in which the TS has no idea what the fuck he's talking about. Can't we just ban white belts from making threads?

Jones said he cut to 205 easier than ever, and in fact he had to put on weight late in the cut because it was so easy. He said he could make MW.

he doesn't even weigh 205. Why else do you think he weighed in while holding his saber tooth tiger in his arms and wearing cowboy boots?

In terms of fighter build, Jon is considered "skinny", but even DC said he underestimated how big and strong Jon was. If you've ever seen the guy in person up close, you'd realize that he's not "skinny". His build is more akin to a Wide Receiver in the NFL, closer to Calvin Johnson than anything.

That's what Chael said too. Chael right after the fight talked about how he was shocked with how strong Jones was when he clinched with him.

I said Jones would be the stronger fighter in the clinch and dominate DC wrestling. I got attacked by DC (Gus) fans.

Back