When was the last time you watched UFC 1?

mma midwest fan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just rewatched UFC1 after many years. It still holds up. It made me miss the experimental nature of the early days. We really had no idea what would happen. It is nothing short of remarkable that a death hasn't occurred in the UFC since then. Reasonable people at that time could conclude something like that is inevitable over thousands of fights (sort of like boxing).

Maybe 5 yrs. The commentary is gold!

Watched it not too long ago.

Still think Bonnar got robbed...

The whole thing. Over 20 years ago. I've watched some if the individual fights since.

Watched it not too long ago.

Still think Bonnar got robbed...

post-14251-Eddie-Murphy-I-see-what-you-di-PAQX.jpeg

it used to be cool to say you watched ufc wayy back when it happened

now it just makes you sound old...

(not refering to you ts)

When I was 12 or 13. My uncle taped it on VHS and gave it to me a few days later. He was talking about this crazy thing he saw on PPV, fighting with "no rules". It was amazing, never really watched it again besides highlights.

Just rewatched UFC1 after many years. It still holds up. It made me miss the experimental nature of the early days. We really had no idea what would happen. It is nothing short of remarkable that a death hasn't occurred in the UFC since then. Reasonable people at that time could conclude something like that is inevitable over thousands of fights (sort of like boxing).

2009-2010 (ish) Like you, I find it remarkable that there have been no (in-fight) deaths. I'm not complaining but am surprised the streak continues.

Its been years, i gotta see it again

4 years or so ago. Was introducing a new gf to the sport, we watched a lot of the early ones. She was an instant Royce fan, especially when he said he would do it for no money. I was proud.

I try to watch it at least once a year. I'm going to watch it today.

I won't lie...last time I saw it was about 5 years ago but I never particularly enjoyed it - it was so dated and unevolved if you were used to watching ufc 40 onwards - but I could definitely appreciate the guys who really wanted to win and stand their ground.

I can't remember which event it was but it was one of the really early ones and Royce either breaks the guy's leg or arm even when the guy's tapping - was glad Matt Hughes tko'd him eventually

Last edited:
Probably around 5 years ago. Maybe I'll dust them off again...

PaulR88 - Sounds like Royce vs DeLucia. Yeah, I didn't appreciate his behavior there either.

Probably around 5 years ago. Maybe I'll dust them off again...

PaulR88 - Sounds like Royce vs DeLucia. Yeah, I didn't appreciate his behavior there either.

Thanks for confirming it there - I know things were different back then but he didn't seem respectful there - seemed very arrogant and to make things look worse, Delcia seemed to thank him afterwards or something

Couple of years ago. Im due to have an old event marathon soon.

I'll be the first to admit I've only watched a few fights but not the entire event.

I've seen every single PRIDE event but I haven't seen every single UFC event.

I've seen every UFC event from 79 - present except maybe less than 5.

Back