When was the last time we saw a fighter as bad as Sarah Alpar in the UFC?

You don't watch it. The difference is that the best tennis matches are on free TV. The matches are over 3 hours so I watch the matches I want to watch. PPV you are paying for usually 2-3 matches you don't want to watch. I know there I could skip the whole card but there is usually 2 good matches I want to watch. Rarely ever is it women's MMA. They should have their own shows so people can choose to support them if they want to.

It works fine as it is and that's how the UFC's business model has always worked. They would gain nothing from changing it.

Erin Blanchfield looked great. Making her debut, always tricky, especially in front of Dana.

I think there's a chance this coming week that we'll see Mandy Bohm and / or Sarah Alpar cut from the UFC roster. Neither one was impressive at all last night.
Dana is using the Contender Series to find new talent that is, generally, less pricey than existing fighters. I think this will increase fighter turnover in the UFC. So new fighters will have less time to cement their positions in UFC.
They're not going to cut Bohm after 1 bad fight. UFC knows that UFC jitters are a thing. Also, first contract, she's no more expensive than DWCS fighters

You mean back when women started fighting in the UFC back in 2013?

To be fair he said MMA and not UFC so even longer back
First female fight in the US was late 90ties and SF had a female main event back in 2009.

The quoting is fucked on this one, cant seem to fix it.
But the dude that claimed tennis is not an elite sport

In what part of the world is tennis not an elite sport?
Pretty sure the Wimbledon is watch by more people than MMA.
This year 15mil watched it on BBC alone.
And I am pretty sure the stars are paid a lot more than MMA fighters.

I think Sarah Alpar is the rightful successor to Erik Silva as the next big thing in the UFC. Just you wait and see.

Probably seen worse, in WMMA, to be honest. It's that bad, in general.

The quoting is fucked on this one, cant seem to fix it.
But the dude that claimed tennis is not an elite sport

In what part of the world is tennis not an elite sport?
Pretty sure the Wimbledon is watch by more people than MMA.
This year 15mil watched it on BBC alone.
And I am pretty sure the stars are paid a lot more than MMA fighters.

Yeah, that's pretty amusing. Emma Raducanu just won $2.5m prize money at the US open, which isn't bad for a non elite sport.

So you are saying they should instead stick with the current model of spamming wmma on every card for the warm fuzzies? Because clearly it isn't showcasing skill or athleticism.
No, I'm saying you should stop whinging.

No, I'm saying you should stop whinging.
WTF is a whinging?

biden-sniff.gif

I was thinking of strapping gloves on my girlfriend and cashing in on that $3500 after taxes. Maybe I’ll get a free Venum duffel bag too
Free?? What are you fucking nuts.

You’ll get a 20% coupon code if you’re lucky

I watched UFC 248 in a bar. Zhang-Jedrzejczyk got a standing ovation.
That's the thing with all these dudes who go overboard shitting on WMMA

A great fight is a great fight, and I bet almost every dude on here was into a WMMA fight as some point in their lives

I swear some guys don't want to watch them because they're scared they'll enjoy it lol

UFC probably makes the best return on investment from WMMA. They get paid peanuts, garner media attention, and they fill up card slots.

The skill level is embarrassingly low, with a few exceptions.
This is what I've been saying. The reason the UFC forced WMMA and flyweight on us is so the can water cards down with low paid fighters that nobody cares about and save a lot of money.

Back