When was the last time we saw a better boxer vs boxer matchup (on paper) than Holloway/Kattar

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Maybe Conor/Nate? But i always felt Nate's boxing game was kinda overrated. He had a great 1-2 but that was it. Conor? More like a kickboxer with a deadly left hand.

So, maybe Stipe/DC?

I'd rate Conor vs Aldo over Conor vs Nate (on paper)

Nick vs Daley best boxer vs boxer matchup (in real life)

I'd rate Conor vs Aldo over Conor vs Nate (on paper)

Nick vs Daley best boxer vs boxer matchup (in real life)
Holloway proven to be a better MMA boxer than Aldo and Conors game isn't that boxing oriented imo.

Diaz/Daley? Now we are getting somewhere

Maybe Conor/Nate? But i always felt Nate's boxing game was kinda overrated. He had a great 1-2 but that was it. Conor? More like a kickboxer with a deadly left hand.

So, maybe Stipe/DC?
maybe.....a few weeks ago with Lomachenko vs Lopez. Very recently! ;)

Kattar jabbed the shit out of Burgos before he starched him. He is too underrated in the "best MMA boxers" discussions.

maybe.....a few weeks ago with Lomachenko vs Lopez. Very recently! ;)
This is a thread in a MMA forum under the UFC discussion. Im obviously talking about MMA boxing here. In a specific MMA organisation.

1*W-FfG4_vmpccjIfEF4R5pg.jpeg

KJ Noons vs Diaz and Masvidal were two of the better matchups on paper.

This is a thread in a MMA forum under the UFC discussion. Im obviously talking about MMA boxing here. In a specific MMA organisation.

1*W-FfG4_vmpccjIfEF4R5pg.jpeg
yes sir, I know that. I was just having a small amount of fun, that's all!
Fun is what you had when you were younger. C'mon lighten up man. Don't be so serious.

Again, Holloway has proven to be a better MMA boxer than Aldo.

Aldo was also way past his prime when he fought Yan.
Idk about necessarily better, aldo was landing many good shots before he gassed, Max started landing after Aldo started slowing down, he even rocked max early in the first fight

This is going to be a great fight, excited about this one. I'm 50/50 on this fight. Max has more feints and volume and has some tricks with set ups and stance switching/shifting, Kattar has a better and more active jab, and clean 1-2s with great timing. Should be a great fight at boxing range, they both like to use their boxing mid range.

Yan vs Aldo
Nick vs Daley
Nick vs KJ
Nate vs Johnson
Poirer vs Max
Conor vs Nate 2
Aldo vs Max
Poirer vs Justin
Poirer vs Hooker
Max vs Ortega
Justin vs Ferg were some good boxing heavy fights.

Conor is very much boxing based, his kicks are to set up his boxing. He throws them when he is out of boxing range. Teeps to the stomach to try and zap cardio. Roundhouses/spin kicks/back kicks from long range but once it's mid range it's all boxing.

I'm really glad this fight is happening, Kattar's boxing is beautiful to watch, but Max showed a new arsenal in his last fight with his kicks. If Max loses tho he might want to move up to 155. He's in a weird position anyway.

This was never gonna be said, but Kattar/Burgos.

Solid pure boxers with fantastic jabs and solid fundamentals.

So, maybe Stipe/DC?

so did nobody see the bud crawford fight that was 2 of the best boxers in the world. why do people call nate a great boxer all he is a volume japper with no power at all.

Israel vs Anderson Silva

This is an exciting striking matchup though. It won’t be a sparring session, that’s for sure, both guys can bang and both guys can push a pace.

tough matchup for Max imo. Kattar has very crisp, clean boxing, he has a power edge, he has WAY less miles on him, he is on the upwards trajectory of his career, hungry, can wrestle and is pretty well rounded overall.

Max has balls to take this fight.

Miocic/DC? Seriously? Miocic is better than DC, and DC just isn't a good striker.

This was never gonna be said, but Kattar/Burgos.

Solid pure boxers with fantastic jabs and solid fundamentals.

Burgos’ defense is HORRIBLE.

His defense is basically being big and having a good chin. it will work for a lot of guys but it won’t pass the test against elite strikers.

* I don’t mean to shit on the kid. He is exciting as hell to watch and as a HUGE FW his chin will hold up 9/10 but I have to be honest. I have a friend who trains with Shane so I wish the kid all the success in the world and I hope he cleans up his defense because he has a ton of potential

Back