When was the last time someone got a submision off his back?

WTF you talking bout bitch. I've never lost.
chael dosnt use profanity. only time he does is when he calls someone a tough sum of a bitch. seriously go back and watch any promo or any podcast. he never uses profanity as a put down.

Chael vs every Brazilian fighters

Fighters try not to fight off their backs.
Because if they’re on their back, they’re losing the round. Mostly, they try to get back up ASAP.
In many cases, even the guy who got the TD lets his opponent back up (Cruz did this often).

So it’s not a well traveled road.
It could have been if the Unified Rules hadn’t made being on your back the easiest way to lose a fight.

zKKEnZy.jpg
It's crazy how DC was his only submission loss

It's crazy how DC was his only submission loss
was from being tired honestly. beast didnt want that quick of a turn around if i remember right. i think he said his back was trouble. but the ufc offered him so much he had to do it.

last card when herb almost killed a guy with his late stoppage

Zak Cummings had such a submission win a few months ago.

Can't recall the fight exactly, I hope someone can name it, but at the UFC event last fortnight (If not mistaken) we saw a guy being sweeped via kimura right after a TDA, that's defensive BJJ.

But yeah, there's little reason to use BJJ in UFC, judges score takedown control too much to compensate the odds, even if no harm has been done.

well not too many bellly down arm bars so probably not that long ago ?

Seems like a while ago.

WMMA doesn't count.

Defensive BJJ is dead.

LMAO. You BJJ haters are terrible. Pettis tapped Chiesa. Tony tapped Lee. And those are just the big names. Defensive BJJ is alive and well and everyone uses it. Also, BJJ is not just submissions.

Some of the more " notable ones"

Nate's double bird flick.
Ferg- Lee
Pettis bendo (ufc)
Chael-Silva

Sure I'm forgetting a handful but those came to mind.

My favorite finish off back was , of course, was when Mousasi sent Jacare s head into the 6th row of arena.

Back