When was America great?

but we can agree that your point that you were trying to make was 100% bs and made up?

No not at all. You're a typical negative nancy liberal. You somehow attack America because Germany exterminated the Jews. Should we take every African, Asian, European who is suffering. You're just cherry picking bullshit. We took some in. Einstein came to America, saw what was happening in Germany, and stayed. We also did take in some Jews. Did we take all, no. Was it a mistake, sure. But again we didn't start the mess.

No not at all. You're a typical negative nancy liberal. You somehow attack America because Germany exterminated the Jews. Should we take every African, Asian, European who is suffering. You're just cherry picking bullshit. We took some in. Einstein came to America, saw what was happening in Germany, and stayed. We also did take in some Jews. Did we take all, no. Was it a mistake, sure. But again we didn't start the mess.

lmao

i love america, and we have done many great things in the world of which i could list if asked. i simply like to check nationalists on their bs. we didnt F'ing accept people like anne frank, so you cant take credit for it. if you had lived back then, youd be preaching the same nativist policies and fear mongering that you do now. it wasnt our fault, the holocaust....certainly not. but lets not act like thats why we fought, or that we opened our arms to the many "undesirables" of europe.

i dont think we should take everyone in. but i also dont think we should pretend like we did lol. we let einstein, and many nazis in (operation paperclip), because we thought they could help us. understandable, but not some noble act we should pat ourselves on the back for and wave the foam #1 finger around.

Wrong. I updated the data of an out of date source using words and descriptions. Then I left the discussion. Where do you see a tapout?

You need to go back and read the conversation with some objectivity. It's pretty sad TBH. You come off as biased, confused, and generally out of your depth.

You need to go back and read the conversation with some objectivity. It's pretty sad TBH. You come off as biased, confused, and generally out of your depth.

Someone posted a graph from 2011 as fact, I posted another from 2015, then another poster brought up percentages, which was fine but not the point of me posting a new graph. Then I went and got updated numbers with sources. Can you point to one point in that conversation where I was bias toward any certain side? I'll save you some time, no, you can't. I merely posted 2 newer pieces of data. Now, please explain your issue again?

There was a lot of great things from that generation.
The family was together, Dad had a job that could support the family, Mom stayed home to raise the kids and not daycare, the Bible was read in school, morality was encouraged in school. There were many great things of that decade.

Do you think women should be aloud to work if they want? And do you think they aren't aloud to stay home anymore?

Do you think women should be aloud to work if they want? And do you think they aren't aloud to stay home anymore?
I think ideally women should be raising their kids at home. That is her #1 responsibility as a mom. Her #1 responsibility is not her career.

I think feminism has gotten many women to believe that they must have a career to be a successful woman. Many women and men have bought into that lie. And I believe it's had a negative effect on society.

I heard someone say this one time. What do all mass school shooters have in common? They were all in daycare as a child and their mom was working in her career. That's interesting.

So basically these Trump people want an America that is gone and never ever coming back.

Yes. But they got their guy in as president so their issues will be discussed and Trump may throw them a bone here and there. Ex. We have to do something to those who burn our flag. We are going to build the wall. He will speak out against jihadists openly and loudly.

I think ideally women should be raising their kids at home. That is her #1 responsibility as a mom. Her #1 responsibility is not her career.

But not all women are moms. And not all women are capable of becoming moms.

I think feminism has gotten many women to believe that they must have a career to be a successful woman.

Work is rewarding. You don't think women can find work rewarding? They only do it because they've been lied to?

Many women and men have bought into that lie. And I believe it's had a negative effect on society.

I heard someone say this one time. What do all mass school shooters have in common? They were all in daycare as a child and their mom was working in her career. That's interesting.

They also all ate breakfast sometimes. That's interesting.

But not all women are moms. And not all women are capable of becoming moms
I never said all women were

Work is rewarding. You don't think women can find work rewarding? They only do it because they've been lied to?
Yes work can be rewarding. But never forget your first responsibility. Is to your kids. If you can survive on one income with dad working. That is better. Because daycare isn't raising your kids. If you cannot, then mom may have to work to put food on the table.

America is as great now as it's ever been. Truly, for most people, we are living in great times. Our quality of life is incredible, crime rates are historically low, technology has improved our lives in many ways, etc..

Sure, there are people living in areas that have poor economies and it's hard to find a job and I can certainly sympathize with them. But really, America IS great.

Yes work can be rewarding. But never forget your first responsibility. Is to your kids. If you can survive on one income with dad working. That is better. Because daycare isn't raising your kids. If you cannot, then mom may have to work to put food on the table.
I never said all women were

Then why are you conflating what's good for "moms" with what's right for "women"?

@ripskater do you think women should have the right to make that decision for themselves?

It's great now, and always has been great. It just depends on who you are.

I think Trump is referring to the interim between WW2 and Vietnam. The large middle class that rose during that time was an anomaly, and will likely never be seen again.

@ripskater do you think women should have the right to make that decision for themselves?
Yes, but society has gone a long way toward basically telling women that being a house wife and full time mom isn't fulfilling and that women who chose that path are somehow less than those who enter the work force as if taking care of a home and raising children full time isn't just as much work as trying to straddle both worlds or putting off a family altogether to concentrate on a career.

Yes, but society has gone a long way toward basically telling women that being a house wife and full time mom isn't fulfilling and that women who chose that path are somehow less than those who enter the work force as if taking care of a home and raising children full time isn't just as much work as trying to straddle both worlds or putting off a family altogether to concentrate on a career.

Hmm that's not the impression I've gotten from society. But if my wife decided she didn't want to work, I couldn't give a damn what "they" thought anyway. No skin off my back.

Also, I'm not sure why kind of legislature we're looking for to fix that issue. Is that not "social justice"?

I'm not. You are misunderstood.

I asked if you thought women should be aloud to work, and your response was "a moms first responsibility...". I'm not misunderstanding that. You don't seem to be able to talk about the subject of women in the workplace without talking about moms.

Right on.

I asked if you thought women should be aloud to work, and your response was "a moms first responsibility...". I'm not misunderstanding that. You don't seem to be able to talk about the subject of women in the workplace without talking about moms.

Sorry, I was talking about moms.

If a woman does not have kids, then work will not get in the way of her raising kids cause she doesn't have that responsibility.

Sorry, I was talking about moms.

If a woman does not have kids, then work will not get in the way of her raising kids cause she doesn't have that responsibility.

I'm not going to say that families aren't important or that the commitment to families in our country hasn't deteriorated. It's seem to have to me. I don't agree with you on the reasons (raising a kid doesn't just have to be a woman's job; men can sack up and do some of that job too), but I agree it's a problem. The divorce rate is high, and kids aren't seeing what functional relationships look like (and I blame paying too much attention to your kids for this as much as neglect - kids need to see their parents having their own lives and that the kid isn't the center of everything).

But what can a politician do to help? Inspire, maybe? I mean, we're not suggesting some kind of legislature to solve the issue right?

Back