When was America great?

Post-World War II, Pre-Vietnam was America's era of true greatness. Once they struggled and lost in Vietnam, the slow demoralization process began.

When heavy metal was mainstream.

Post-World War II, Pre-Vietnam was America's era of true greatness. Once they struggled and lost in Vietnam, the slow demoralization process began.

America is in a far stronger position nowadays, people just became far more bitchy and weak.

The '90's. Sole superpower, booming economy, and MTV actually played music videos. It all led up to that, and has been downhill ever since.

have been great since WWI, and still run shit

peep the Olympic medal count, most importantly the Winter Olympics that nobody in the US gives two shits about

2011? Your chart is wrong.

imrs.php

Lmfao percentages how do they work

America is in a far stronger position nowadays, people just became far more bitchy and weak.

I don't know about that. I see a bloated state, living off the tax money from its increasingly disinterested and demoralized subjects, along with the short-sighted loans. If the people continue to get as bitchy and weak at such a rapid rate, the United States will be but a footnote in history in about a century.

Sure. And here's a chart from the same source as yours.
imrs.php

Your chart is still outdated.

Barack Obama - The national debt grew the most dollar-wise during President Obama's two terms. He added $7.917 trillion, a 68 percent increase, in seven years. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package. It added $787 billion by cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding job-creating public works projects. The Obama tax cuts added $858 billion to the debt in two years. Obama's budget included increased defense spending to between $700 billion and $800 billion a year.

Federal income was down, thanks to lower tax receipts from the 2008 financial crisis. He also sponsored the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. It was designed to reduce the debt by $143 billion over ten years. But these savings didn't show up until the later years. For more, see National Debt Under Obama.

George W. Bush - President Bush added the second greatest amount to the debt, at $5.849 trillion. But that was a 101 percent increase to the debt. It was $5.8 trillion on September 30, 2001. That's the end of FY 2001, which was President Clinton's last budget. Bush responded to the 9/11 attacks by launching the War on Terror. That drove military spending to record levels of between $600-$800 billion a year. It included the Iraq War, which cost $807.5 billion. President Bush also responded to the 2001 recession by passing EGTRRA and JGTRRA. These were known as the Bush tax cuts and they further reduced revenue. He approved a $700 billion bailout package for banks to combat the 2008 global financial crisis. Both Presidents Bush and Obama had to contend with higher mandatory spending for Social Security and Medicare. For more, see President Obama Compared to President Bush Policies.

Franklin D. Roosevelt - President Roosevelt increased the debt the most percentage-wise. Although he only added $236 billion, this was a 1,048 percent increase over the $23 billion debt level left by President Hoover's last budget. Of course, the Great Depression took an enormous bite out of revenues. The New Deal cost billions. But FDR's debt major contribution to the debt was World War II spending. He added $209 billion to the debt between 1942-1945. For more, see FDR Economic Policies.

Woodrow Wilson - President Wilson was the second largest contributor to the debt percentage-wise. Although he only added $21 billion, this was a 727 percent increase over the $2.9 billion debt level of his predecessor. Wilson had to pay for World War I. In fact, the Second Liberty Bond Act was enacted during his Presidency, giving Congress the right to adopt the national debt ceiling.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

That type of slogan is just food for Trump people who have a different set of values.

They long for a sense of community where people go to church and there is law and order. Where there are high paying low skilled jobs. Where there is a strong sense of patriotism where people had one sense of national identity. Where there a nuclear family and there are two parents households are held up a model.

They do not like that low skilled jobs have been automated or sent offshore. That people in cities have a more globalist outlook where they think of rights for all people in the world. Where people say the flag represents racism. Where people in cities look down their noses on rural folks. Where jihadists are shooting people in Orlando or San Bernadino. Where people from Latin America are coming across the border and competing for their low skilled labor jobs that are still in the US.

People can quote me and post statistics and charts, but I know when I was in high school and early 20s, products were cheap, you could virtually walk into a place and get a job on the spot, you could say and do what you wanted without everyone pitching a fit about being offended. When Obama came along, that all started to change. You can post all the graphs you want, but that is my personal experience.

Your chart was a year old. If you're going to post facts, try and post current ones.
You know how economic data works right? I'm not sure what your argument is - but it's a bit silly from what I can tell. I didn't make an interpretation of the chart (I could not a single fuck about that), just posted the chart itself. The figures didn't change much, the article you posted cited a 68% increase under Obama, the chart represents approximately that. More than that, it's from the same data pool as the chart YOU posted in an attempt to prove somebody else wrong.

You know how economic data works right? I'm not sure what your argument is - but it's a bit silly from what I can tell. I didn't make an interpretation of the chart (I could not a single fuck about that), just posted the chart itself. The figures didn't change much, the article you posted cited a 68% increase under Obama, the chart represents approximately that. More than that, it's from the same data pool as the chart YOU posted in an attempt to prove somebody else wrong.

Don't get mad because you posted out-dated data. It happens. Just letting you know.

Don't get mad because you posted out-dated data. It happens. Just letting you know.
imrs.php

^ what you posted, note the date.
I'm now all clear on what you're saying. It was informative.
Thanks, buddy.

Back