When ur opponent has your back standing up....

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by TommyHearns, Oct 27, 2005.

1. TommyHearns

TommyHearns Yellow Belt

I tried searching but it was hard to put it into words, and i searched for "back" in the grappling forum titles only of course, and less than 10 results came up. So dont whine about me supposedly not searching.

I just want to know whats the best offense when your opponent has you locked from behind u and is standing up???? like a bear hug but with skill.

2. FStep

FStep Brown Belt

are you looking for the best way to get out of that position which is what you should be doing or for the best offense from there? the only offensive moves i can think of from there are some hip throws if you can get your arm under one of your opponents arms or maybe a reverse kimura

3. TommyHearns

TommyHearns Yellow Belt

no i mean the offensive moves like takedowns or this kimura u talk about. but if there are escapes which are really good then yeah.

4. triso

triso Green Belt

What do you train in?

5. bjjfighter91

bjjfighter91 Blue Belt

um i learned this like a couple of weeks but its kinda hard to explain. If the person is behind u and is like grabbing u at ur waist like a bear hug u can crouch down like a squat and while pushing down and holding onto one of hes wrists. And from there u can use ur other hand to get the kimura. And just pivot out around him. Which will either make him tap,break his arm or him/her to fall down like on his knees than u can just get ur hooks in and go for the rear naked choke. But one lil reminder is when ur getting the kimura and ur pivoting out the other person can do a reversal into a kimura. So it has to be quick.

6. bjjfighter91

bjjfighter91 Blue Belt

since when ur spinning out theres space to get hes arm out and get u in the kimura.

7. Foolkiller

Foolkiller You have meddled with the primal forces of nature!

Part of the only one holistic system of systems
    Your best options are a spinaround kimura and kneebar for submissions, to escape you'll have to work to break their grip, walk forward as if you are squatting while leaning your back into their chest and make space. There's also seionage options if they go for a standing choke. If it's just a standard bearhug, stomps are good. Flicking your head back and smashing their nose is better. Of course there is the "make space" escape of pushing your chest and shoulders out, breathing in deep and then "dropping" down to escape however that's not worked very often for me.

However you should really be asking your teacher these questions.

8. Steeltwo

Steeltwo Green Belt

thats because the space provided closes so fast.

with an overarm bearhug, the drop down works great if you couple it with a elbow and small side step.

as for any grappling art, that has been listed above.

just do not let them control your hips and your fine. Ivan Salavery had a good technique. And oddly enough, Marvin from TUF 2 had a rather odd but effective escape.

9. TommyHearns

TommyHearns Yellow Belt

any links to page(s) with pics of these moves?

10. Foolkiller

11. TommyHearns

TommyHearns Yellow Belt

Don't patronize me that was the first place i checked. All the links that interested me such as the judo throws one said "no thread specified". So ur reply is useless. :rolleyes:

12. Foolkiller

If you didn't appear to have very little experience and were asking a question that wasn't a basic positional escape and I wouldn't patronise you. Don't type "ur" instead of "your" like a 4 year old would and I won't patronise you. Don't suddenly throw a temper tantrum because I point you in the right direction to try help you without knowing you'd check there and I won't feel that you lack maturity and feel the need to patronise you.

More to the point, go to class and pay to learn these things rather than asking other people to give you links for free and then giving them sass for trying to help your ignorant ass, you ungrateful turd.

13. VampireMonk

VampireMonk Black Belt

I recommend to side step behind the guy if possible,
    and keep your center of gravity low, ready to sit out, spin
    and take side.