when to workout

jworm1420

White Belt
Reaction score
just had our first child recently and during her preg i gained the weight, go figur. so now im looking to cut weight. i got my diet and my workout routine goin ok. heres my conundrum, i work late night shift. i get off at 330am. should i got to gym after wrk since i have been eating my diet food all night, or should i just go to bed when i get home and wake up and do it on an empty sstomach????? i would think since i am eating every 31/2-4hours over the course of the night i shopuld go burn off those calories bfor i go to bed?????? does it even matter???????

it may not even matter but im tryin to maximize my metabolism........ thanx guys

get some rest, wake up, eat something decent, do HIIT and then do weight training on non-HIIT days, eat lots of veggies, lean cuts of meat and you'll be fine, worked for me when getting back in shape for wrestling, but it took a little while to see results, so keep it up and don't get discouraged champ!

im sorry can u explain the HIIT i have heardof it but i dnt kno the spcifics of it. also i like liftn and wana do it at least 5 days a week can i lift evry day and do hiit+weights evry other day????? or too much????? i really value most of the wrestlers advice on here when it comes to cutting

im sorry can u explain the HIIT i have heardof it but i dnt kno the spcifics of it. also i like liftn and wana do it at least 5 days a week can i lift evry day and do hiit+weights evry other day????? or too much????? i really value most of the wrestlers advice on here when it comes to cutting

well I take it by cutting you mean trimming down your waistline lol but HIIT in my case, I would jog for 1:30 minutes followed by 30 seconds of all out sprinting (it can be done with many different exercises besides running) that would be one cycle and did about 8 cycles of this by the time I was in great shape, to begin I'd start out with a couple depending on your stamina. It worked great for me since I'd blow up to about 157 or so in the off-season and had to trim down to at least 135-140 range, oh and about the dieting try to eat as clean as possible, lots of veggies and get rid of the refined sugars and starches. Its what I usually go by if I want to get in shape, the weight came off slowly, but I retained nearly all my muscle mass which is what I was aiming for, but everyone is different. Those are my 2 cents, Good luck!

any supp? ya i thnk i got my diet det down and actually im tryin to get down in weight to fight again any other advice??? i know u wrestlers got all the tricks

how much weight did you gain? are you fat? what is your experience with body building and exercising?

If you're pretty much fat, don't worry about doing HIIT. Just worry about getting in decent shape, expanding and strengthening your heart muscles to pump blood more efficiently before you get down to the nitty gritty.

Do some light jogging when starting out for the first week then progressively increase your pace and be consistent with your cardio. Lift some weights. When you're down to your comfortable more athletic zone, you can consider the HIIT vs running debate.

Doesn't really matter when your work out.

Doing it whenever you feel at your best-so you can put in your best performance-is more important than anything else.

well i used to fightmma and boxing so i used to b in really good shape then a few years ago i broke my leg so i was out for about a a year then i got the ole lady prego. as dar as im not fat (obese) i just put on about 20 lbs during her pregnancy. put on a gut. as far as experince in weight training and dtuff like that yes i do hav experience but im an old school run runrun lift weights type of guy

Back