When to go pro

3. Don’t get pregnant, and don’t get anybody else pregnant.
Let them bang bro

4. If you are going to date somebody and make sure they don’t hate that you fight. Also make sure that they don’t love that you fight. Find a partner who doesn’t really care, that’s the sweet spot
Met my ex at an event I was fighting at, was cool at first. Then after awhile she got a retarded about me training, didn't like it that I was out from 8 AM - 10 PM and slept at 12 AM... 5 days a week, with Saturday training 10 - 12 and 5-6 PM

When tension got high, she gave me an ultimatum of leaving the gym or her, and she got the boot. I eventually did leave that gym 2 years later though. lol

I tell all my new amateurs 4 things in order to give themselves the opportunity to succeed:

1. find a job that doesn’t get in the way of training.

2. stay out of debt. No credit cards, no car payments, nothing. The lower your monthly nut is The more time you will have to train.

3. Don’t get pregnant, and don’t get anybody else pregnant.

4. If you are going to date somebody and make sure they don’t hate that you fight. Also make sure that they don’t love that you fight. Find a partner who doesn’t really care, that’s the sweet spot

Lol yeah, women seem to think the best time to break up with their boyfriend or what not is the night before their fight lol. Seen too many guys not in the right state of mind cause of that BS.

Also make sure that they don’t love that you fight. Find a partner who doesn’t really care, that’s the sweet spot

I agree with the first three and a half, not sure about this bit?

I’ve only met a couple of a women who love the fighter thing but I’ve not seen that play out.

How does it play out?

I agree with the first three and a half, not sure about this bit?

I’ve only met a couple of a women who love the fighter thing but I’ve not seen that play out.

How does it play out?
ive seen partners like that run their mouths and try to start fights at bars, or try and be their partners “manager”, try and tell the coach what’s best, and generally get involved in ways that ends up hindering the career. Plus if things don’t work out they end up with a different fighter which can cause drama in the gym or local community in general.

Yeah and for some of these that likes fighters mantra like in ads for marketing : undefeated .........might work well until her BF is not undefeated anymore.

ive seen partners like that run their mouths and try to start fights at bars, or try and be their partners “manager”, try and tell the coach what’s best, and generally get involved in ways that ends up hindering the career. Plus if things don’t work out they end up with a different fighter which can cause drama in the gym or local community in general.

I'm probably the exception to the rule and perhaps its cause she had fighters in the family as well as part of the culture but I couldn't have done it without my wife's help...meal preps, driving me around to cut weight and weigh ins, no way I could have drive myself. She would also help find upcoming promotions etc. For me to fight on.

I'm probably the exception to the rule and perhaps its cause she had fighters in the family as well as part of the culture but I couldn't have done it without my wife's help...meal preps, driving me around to cut weight and weigh ins, no way I could have drive myself. She would also help find upcoming promotions etc. For me to fight on.
shes a keeper!

everything up to the part about helping find promotions just sounds like a wife who is supportive of her husband's career and/or hobby.

Let them bang bro

Met my ex at an event I was fighting at, was cool at first. Then after awhile she got a retarded about me training, didn't like it that I was out from 8 AM - 10 PM and slept at 12 AM... 5 days a week, with Saturday training 10 - 12 and 5-6 PM

When tension got high, she gave me an ultimatum of leaving the gym or her, and she got the boot. I eventually did leave that gym 2 years later though. lol

Don't go to training, show up to fights, bang and win. ez.

So technically when my grandmother gave me 10 rubles and told me to go fight the boy who was teasing my cousin, i became a pro fighter?

Mods i want the pro fighter tag
Where are you from again you weird gypsy?

I don't know about boxing but it's almost impossible to live off regional MMA without having at least a part time job on the side.

It is possible if you manage to be a big local draw with a big following and sell a lot of tickets and manage to find sponsors with money who are willing to support you (this part is key). It's rare but I've seen a few guys manage to do it over the years. I've never been one of those guys though I've always had a full time job and just trained after work.

For reference my winnings from my last fight:
1800$ show
1800$ win
Ticket sale commission 10$ per ticket x 100 tickets = 1000$
Sponsors = $500 (family friend with money gave me 500$ to put his company logo on my shorts and walkout shirt.)

Total = 5100$

I got injured and only fought once that year so that was my total earnings for the year. Even if I fought 4 times and won each time I'd still be making like 22000/year, pretty much living in poverty.
You’re a pro? Can I see some fights

And I was wondering how Trump got elected...

the organizers take most of the money not the fighters btw

If it is talk about smaller promotions, no.
Sometimes B side guy does have more in his pocket than A side guy or event's promoter.
I had saw fights where event's promoter did not earned after all expenses any bare thing too.

Back