When talking about GOAT KO power, why isn't this monster mentioned?

I get so frustrated watching his K1 fights, guys would throw 100 punches and he just lifted his arms and everything was blocked and he knocked down Badr Hari with a jab lol

God yes.

Never see Semmy get his props around here as a pioneering crossover KB-MMA fighter. He was hitting chokes and armbars on guys wayy back in the day.

What a scary dude to fight. I remember the look in Petey Williams' eyes when the two first faced off. Almost had that Rich Franklin/AS look in his eyes...

what a stud

that knee @ 44s! One of the hardest strikes I think I've seen.

Semmy could confront a moose, grab ahold of its antlers and just shatter the thing's snout with that knee.

The man is a giant... That leverage was such an advantage, along with his chin being a mile away from his opponent's reach.

cool HL

Semmy could use his range, but in the grand scheme of things, could do little else.

The only thing I ever think of when it it comes to Schilt, is the time Kharitonov turned his face into hamburger.

Semmy had that jab and front kick

that knee @ 44s! One of the hardest strikes I think I've seen.

Semmy could confront a moose, grab ahold of its antlers and just shatter the thing's snout with that knee.

The man is a giant... That leverage was such an advantage, along with his chin being a mile away from his opponent's reach.

cool HL

The fact that he was tall enough to knee his opponents in the face with out needing to bend them over helped a lot. He had great fight IQ as well. Unlike Struve, Semmy made great use of his reach and size.

His run through the 2009 K1 WGP Final is one of the most destructive things I've seen in martial arts. That entire event was insane.

[YT]watch?v=JZiJAUSuBcE[/YT]

Prime Semmy was a monster.

His standup was monstrous, his TDD wasn't bad either. His ground game was very underrated too.

I think that he was very wellrounded. Skillwise.

Lol... "well rounded."

Dude has beast striking and over sized everyone he ever fought... MMA wise though he wasn't great.

this thread has got me on a fightfinder odyssey- 6

I get so frustrated watching his K1 fights, guys would throw 100 punches and he just lifted his arms and everything was blocked and he knocked down Badr Hari with a jab lol

Bas Rutten said that everything Semmy throws can hurt you. He said:"His jab is not a jab.":)

Bas said that:)

Bas...

It's not his fault he was a giant, but he rarely ever fought anyone his size. That's the only knock on him. That's not to say he wasn't an absolute beast in terms of skill. Actually, he was one of the most skilled kickboxers I've ever seen. His front kick and knees were brutal, and he used his range better than anyone else, I reckon. I wouldn't be surprised if Bones (or his coaches) used him as a template on how to fight long.
He did lose to Hong-man Choi.

Name more wellrounded HWs today.

I can easily see Prime Schilt becoming the UFC HW champion, let alone beating these guys in Pride. Especially had he fought JDS for the title.

If you are thinking about replying with Cain, Cormier and Miocic, I don't see them being able to finish Semmy on the ground. Not without getting busted up themselves.

Here he is submitting olympic silver medalist in judo:

[YT]watch?v=FYIBRpelu8Q[/YT]

A kickboxer shouldn't be able to do this:)

Ah that fight was awesome. Hadn't seen it in years! Cheers mate. Semmy was a beast, and yea, a few submission wins. Good long legs for triangles.

[YT]watch?v=JZiJAUSuBcE[/YT]

Prime Semmy was a monster.

His standup was monstrous, his TDD wasn't bad either. His ground game was very underrated too.

I think that he was very wellrounded. Skillwise.

I think it's because he doesn't have GOAT KO power. I mean, how many of those finishes were clean KO's? Lights out KO's? He was a great fighter. He was a great striker. He had some great finishes. He does not have GOAT KO power.

Good HL video though. Had fun reminiscing. Would love to see Semmy in today's UFC.

Yeah. Minowa..:) His samurai bow at the introduction alone was better than most fights in MMA today:)

indeed...

not to mention shit like this

butterbean-vs-minowa.png

Ah that fight was awesome. Hadn't seen it in years! Cheers mate. Semmy was a beast, and yea, a few submission wins. Good long legs for triangles.

Yup and his grip had to frustrate fighters a lot when he grabbed them by their wrists.

I think it's because he doesn't have GOAT KO power. I mean, how many of those finishes were clean KO's? Lights out KO's? He was a great fighter. He was a great striker. He had some great finishes. He does not have GOAT KO power.

Good HL video though. Had fun reminiscing. Would love to see Semmy in today's UFC.

He had KO power in his jab.

I'll leave it at this:)

I'd love to see him in the UFC too, but the unified rules are not fair enough. Handicaped upkicks. I hate the unified rules.

Back