When talking about GOAT KO power, why isn't this monster mentioned?

Not sure if you're being serious, but yes all of the guys you just mentioned have more well-rounded skill-sets(and it isn't necessary to finish him on the ground for that to be true). Barnett, Mir, Werdum, Sergei, AA, Nelson, AO, Gonzaga, Nog, are all (still) more well rounded than Semmy ever was.

I love Semmy too bro, but he was two dimensional. Great striker, with serviceable grappling in/for Pancrase(where he didn't have to worry about taking bombs from the top).

Wow wow wow.

He was insanely hard to gnp or submit on the ground in his prime.

His striking was the best.

His TDD was not bad and his gnp was very good too.

He had submission skills too.

Those guys you mentioned are no more wellrounded than Schilt. Because they are very inferior to Schilt in striking.

I'd love to see prime schilt vs all these guys you mentioned. Rematches too.

Because look at the size of the guy, it is completely obvious to someone who hasn't watched a fight in their lives that he could KO someone. People tend to discuss fighters who had surprising KO power in these discussions aka Dan Henderson who doesn't look like his punches would be some of the hardest in the world even though they actually are.

Also, as many other people have said, all of his accomplishments are as a kickboxer and typically they are discussed separately than full time mma fighters.

Thinly veiled Fedor thread

Every HW thread I make is thinly veiled Fedor thread for you people. Yeah. Every HW comes to Fedor somehow.

I didn't mention Fedor here. I'm talking about Semmy.

You are very insecure.

Semmy was already beaten 14 times in MMA.
It's not like you can come here and argue that he could have beaten x and y. He already had an MMA career and he was decent, but not great.

And no, he was not better rounded than the guys mentioned, that's why he got finished by Barnett, Minotauro and Sergei among others.

It's totally cool to be a fan of Schilt, the guy has a solid argument for being the kickboxing heavyweight GOAT, and was a fairly exciting MMA fighter, win or lose.
But don't try to rewrite a history that's already written and finished.

Because look at the size of the guy, it is completely obvious to someone who hasn't watched a fight in their lives that he could KO someone. People tend to discuss fighters who had surprising KO power in these discussions aka Dan Henderson who doesn't look like his punches would be some of the hardest in the world even though they actually are.

Also, as many other people have said, all of his accomplishments are as a kickboxer and typically they are discussed separately than full time mma fighters.

He was Pancrase champion too, BTW.

Wow wow wow.

He was insanely hard to gnp or submit on the ground in his prime.

His striking was the best.

His TDD was not bad and his gnp was very good too.

He had submission skills too.

Those guys you mentioned are no more wellrounded than Schilt. Because they are very inferior to Schilt in striking.

I'd love to see prime schilt vs all these guys you mentioned. Rematches too.

They weren't any more well rounded than Schilt because Schilt was a really good striker? What?

He wasn't insanely hard to ground and pound or submit and his takedown defense was not particularly good. He was a very, very good striker, but the rest of his game left a fair amount to be desired relative to the elite. The way you're describing him, it would be a shock if he ever lost to anyone.

don't know bout MMA
but he was a very good kickboxer.. kinda boring tho

He was a genetic freak. Any man that beefy and athletic whilst being 7' has the potential to be the GOAT. If only Struve wasn't gawky and unathletic. I can't think of anyone else that tall and that athletic that isn't in the NBA.

He lost to Fedor and for a lot of people that's the only time they've seen him. As far as these people are concerned he was a can fighting the best in the world.... only Fedor wasn't the greatest back then at all and was supposed to lose that fight. He MADE Schilt look like a can, and in turn turned him into a can in many people's eyes. He was a stand up monster though no doubt and he did have pretty good TDD.

Semmy was already beaten 14 times in MMA.
It's not like you can come here and argue that he could have beaten x and y. He already had an MMA career and he was decent, but not great.

And no, he was not better rounded than the guys mentioned, that's why he got finished by Barnett, Minotauro and Sergei among others.

It's totally cool to be a fan of Schilt, the guy has a solid argument for being the kickboxing heavyweight GOAT, and was a fairly exciting MMA fighter, win or lose.
But don't try to rewrite a history that's already written and finished.

He didn't lose because he was less wellrounded per se. He did lose though, but he also gave hell of a fights to top guys and won many fights too. Won 26 MMA fights. Lol Haters are going to get on me now, but he had a record of 22-10 when he fought Fedor and was on a 17-3 MMA run at the time. I'd say that that is pretty impressive:)

Losing to prime Fedor, Minotauro, Barnett and Kharitonov really isn't anything to ridicule him about. He gave all 3 hell of a fight. Fedor actually said that Schilt made him realise that he will have to train even harder. Minotauro was struggling a lot too. Barnett said that Schilt was a monster, who hurts you with everything. Kharitonov got beaten up nicely on the feet before managing to take Semmy down and drown his eye in blood.

The piont to creating threads is to get feedback and opinions from others however in every thread you create you just tell everyone how they are wrong and how whatever you wrote in your thread is coorrect and everyone else is wrong wtf?? If you dont want people to give their opinion dont creat threads gtfo

They weren't any more well rounded than Schilt because Schilt was a really good striker? What?

He wasn't insanely hard to ground and pound or submit and his takedown defense was not particularly good. He was a very, very good striker, but the rest of his game left a fair amount to be desired relative to the elite. The way you're describing him, it would be a shock if he ever lost to anyone.

Have you seen his fights when he was in his prime?

He was harder to gnp than Minotauro BTW.

He lost to elite fighters, but he wasn't run over by any means.

Because he wasn't. He was a very good striker who looked half decent on the ground against fighters with no ground games. If that's what makes a fighter "very well rounded", the term holds very little meaning in MMA.

Maybe not by today's standards, but at the time he was considered very well rounded

He lost to Fedor and for a lot of people that's the only time they've seen him. As far as these people are concerned he was a can fighting the best in the world.... only Fedor wasn't the greatest back then at all and was supposed to lose that fight. He MADE Schilt look like a can, and in turn turned him into a can in many people's eyes. He was a stand up monster though no doubt and he did have pretty good TDD.

I was actually very impressed with Semmy in his fight vs Fedor. I was very annoyed by Bas, who was complaining about the fight all the time. But it was a hard battle for both fighters. Semmy was defending very very well and busted up Fedor pretty good from bellow. He was very very active too.

People remember that Kharitonov poured blood in his eyes too, but don't remember that the fight was a war before that.

The piont to creating threads is to get feedback and opinions from others however in every thread you create you just tell everyone how they are wrong and how whatever you wrote in your thread is coorrect and everyone else is wrong wtf?? If you dont want people to give their opinion dont creat threads gtfo

I asked why he isn't discussed regarding KO power.

I wrote that he was a beast and pretty wellrounded. Which he was.

And people focused on that. Trying to undermine Semmy.

Of course I correct them:D

Prove me wrong and I'll admit it.

He didn't lose because he was less wellrounded per se. He did lose though, but he also gave hell of a fights to top guys and won many fights too. Won 26 MMA fights. Lol Haters are going to get on me now, but he had a record of 22-10 when he fought Fedor and was on a 17-3 MMA run at the time. I'd say that that is pretty impressive:)

Losing to prime Fedor, Minotauro, Barnett and Kharitonov really isn't anything to ridicule him about. He gave all 3 hell of a fight. Fedor actually said that Schilt made him realise that he will have to train even harder. Minotauro was struggling a lot too. Barnett said that Schilt was a monster, who hurts you with everything. Kharitonov got beaten up nicely on the feet before managing to take Semmy down and drown his eye in blood.

Nobody ridiculed Semmy for losing to them(nor should they), we are just pointing out there are/were several more well-rounded fighters at HW.

I will always remember the skins of Kharitonov hammer fisting him into oblivion... Sounded like he was pounding on a soggy sponge, ewww

The guys with the scariest KO power back in the day was Cro Cops head kicks and Chuck Liddell's flurries.

Now a days fighters don't specialize in one thing. The sport evolved.

Nobody ridiculed Semmy for losing to them(nor should they), we are just pointing out there are/were several more well-rounded fighters at HW.

I know there were/are, but pointing at some of the most wellrounded HWs in MMA history isn't really answering my question about more wellrounded HWs in today's UFC:)

Semmy was pretty damn wellrounded. The best on the feet and far from helpless on his back. His TDD was good, but not great of course.

Back