when standing in the rear naked choke

hockeyfacekilla**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and the opponent is hanging on you, wrapping his leg around yours. besides breaking his toes, how can you get out of this. i did an ankle lock, but it took forever.
P.S. please don't say "don't get in that position" b/c it happens

unhook one of his legs and throw him over.

pretty simple really, but I'm surprised that even UFC fights get caught like that (Trigg).

Take it to the ground and work your escape from there. Defend your neck, free up one of his legs, etc.
Just do it fast, especially if he's got the RNC for sure, let alone if he's got it deep.

If all else fails (and preferably if you're a big fat dude), you can jump slam him backwards and knock the wind out of him. I saw some fight get finished like that, can't remember which it was.

Keep your chin down and in the crease of his elbow, bend your knees a bit, grab the tricep of the arm (lets say it's his right arm) that is behind your head with your right arm, push his left foot out with your left hand, bend at your waist and turn left a little as if you are looking behind you. He will be thrown over into a perfect position for an armbar. Qing Tian has the right idea.

DCMckayBJJ, that was horrible advice, how long have you been training?

As for jumping back and slamming a guy that's trying to choke you... in most comps that is banned. Besides do you really want to piss off a guy that's choking you by slamming him? He may end up with broken ribs, but he can still hold on and kill you.

The escape from a RNC standing is pretty similar to escaping a RNC on the ground.

As for slamming, bad idea. Also, if i am the one on the back, I will usually be ready to disengage my legs and jump off if I have to.

Superbeast:
As for jumping back and slamming a guy that's trying to choke you... in most comps that is banned. Besides do you really want to piss off a guy that's choking you by slamming him? He may end up with broken ribs, but he can still hold on and kill you.
I saw a guy win a fight by doing that, that's all I'm saying. I think it was MMA though.

Half Boston Crab said:
If all else fails (and preferably if you're a big fat dude), you can jump slam him backwards and knock the wind out of him. I saw some fight get finished like that, can't remember which it was.

Marcelo Garcia vs. Ricco Rodrigez (spelling on his last name is off for sure) in the ADCC. Wasen't ended though. Garcia ended it with a heel hook I think.

You can tuck your chin down and turn you chin towards your shoulder while bringing your shoulder to your chin, if he starts to loosen his grip make sure he doesn't apply the neck crank.

Another good thing to do is grab the outside of one of his feet with 1 arm and place your elbow from that arm in between his shin and his calf muscle and pull up hard with your other hand pulling on the heel if its not being used defending the choke, this hurts like hell and you may end up subbing him with it.

Yeh tuck your chin down and try and unhook ur legs, once youve done that , put one of ur legs behind ur oppnent so you are in a side head lock position, then from there you can do many things, u can slip you head out, go for an armlock or you can pick him up and take him down forards or backwards.

These techniques are for MMA or Sunbmission wrestling, if it is another discipline I have no idea

keep your chin tucked and get wrist control. without his arms he can't choke you

Fall backward and slam him like others said, unhook the leg and shoulder throw him, somersalt forward and slam/land on him, etc. many escapes.

the way I learned is if you throw yourself to the ground and land on him, at that point grab his left hand say thats the one he is using to lock it in grab at wrist and pull down then push your body upward until you are pushing all your weight on to him make sure you guard with your right hand in the event if he tries to punch you. Then at that point you have all your weight on him quickly roll your body that way your chest to chest with him now at this point it is up to you to either get him in the mount or he could easily put you in his guard. I tryed to explain it the best i could.

Sohei said:
Fall backward and slam him like others said, unhook the leg and shoulder throw him, somersalt forward and slam/land on him, etc. many escapes.

This also works.

Back