when someone's gf sits in

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
ever seen the situation where a gf sits in on her dude at grappling; an the guy completely goes overboard and feels the need to really step it up pace wise, aggression and physicality.

i have seen this time and time again, even w/the coolest guy its like they don't want to lose or look bad in front of their girlfriends.

i have seen situations, esp in more casual club env; i have seen people get to the point of fighting or close to it cus one dude has his girl there and his ego won't let him accept getting dominated or getting outclassed....

ever seen that or exp, me personally i don't see why anyone gets that bent

ego my friend ego.... girl's want the alpha male and a girl that doesn't understand jits would take a tap out as a sign of weakness...its a situation in which the guy in question has a lose lose situation...he can either go hard and lose respect in the club or be normal maybe get tapped and lose face in front of the lady....so he chooses his ego and girl over his training partners.

We have a rule at John Machado's place -- whenever the gf is there, you let the guy rule you.

Then, after she's gone, back to normal.

We have a rule at John Machado's place -- whenever the gf is there, you let the guy rule you.

As in, let the boyfriend dominate, and then when she's gone, it's back to reality?

Hehe, that's a good rule. In general, it's a bad idea to have the GF there unless she does understand what's going on and that it's training.

P.S. I'm under a Machado BJJ sensei also.

lol thats hilarious, might as well let the guy have his hour of glory, sounds like a good rule

As in, let the boyfriend dominate, and then when she's gone, it's back to reality?

You got it.

"OMG, that's the third triangle you tapped me with in a row!"

Then it's back down from candy-cane forest to reality once she's gone.

You got it.

"OMG, that's the third triangle you tapped me with in a row!"

Then it's back down from candy-cane forest to reality once she's gone.

even if its a white belt rolling with a black belt? if so I'm gonna come out there train a bit date convince a supermodel that I'm a badass invite her to watch me tap everyone in the room and proceed to do a gauntlet on all the upper level belts lol.

haha... Talk about team camaraderie. Great idea as long as the GF isn't a frequent visitor.

that is funny.

as for devante's post. i have honestly never seen it, but i can imagine that happening.

Lol. thats nice of you Zankou. It was funny at one tournament I was at, my friend had a match with this other dude. His gf was there right by the mat filming the whole thing. So my friend mounted the other dude and started just making faces for the guys gf. It was kinda messed up but pretty funny.

Lol. thats nice of you Zankou. It was funny at one tournament I was at, my friend had a match with this other dude. His gf was there right by the mat filming the whole thing. So my friend mounted the other dude and started just making faces for the guys gf. It was kinda messed up but pretty funny.

at one tournament I talked for twenty minutes with a girl and found out that I had just pinned her boyfriend in the finals (this was wrestling but you get the point). He was also the really jealous type, but he didn't want to come interrupt us for some reason.

LOL! very cool rule...

Hilarious.

For a long time I trained at a club with only a few other guys -- a purple belt/ex wrestler ran the class, two other purple belts, a blue belt, and me (white belt). One day my girlfriend came to pick me up and showed up as we were rolling the last couple rounds -- now I've dated my girlfriend for a while, we're a long way past the innocent-lies-to-impress-you-stage, she's well aware of my relative bjj skill level, watches ufc, etc. Anyway she walks in, the guy I'm rolling with (a purple belt) notices here as he's in my full guard I'm you know, focused, scrambling for an overhook or some shit, and he's like "that's your girlfriend right?" and I say "yeah". He makes his left arm limp and whispers "take my left arm" and I go ahead and armbar it. Without missing a step my girlfriend shouts out "want me to take a picture? that's gotta be the last time you'll armbar him this year"

even if its a white belt rolling with a black belt? if so I'm gonna come out there train a bit date convince a supermodel that I'm a badass invite her to watch me tap everyone in the room and proceed to do a gauntlet on all the upper level belts lol.

What kind of foolish white belt can't accept a black belt owning him?

What kind of foolish white belt can't accept a black belt owning him?

idk...it was this strange invention...I think they call it sarcasm...yeah I think thats the word...but then again I am a smartass and sarcasm is tough over the net so good for you.

The first and only time my wife ever sat in on training, I had been training just under a month. She got to witness me get completely smoked by a female blue belt.

She signed up for classes right on the spot.

I hate when my instructor's new girlfriend comes and watch him roll with his students.
I know I am in for a BEATING!

Back