When someone taps - YOU LET GO (vid)

esila

Green Belt
Reaction score
Context: Man leaves store and sets off alarm, pays no attention to alarm. Security guard chokes him out. Oh yeah, the guy didn't hear the alarm because he is deaf. Frantic deaf friend tries to show receipt.

if all details are disclosed in the above post i hope they win enough money to nearly bankrupt the mall/store.

The good old belly defense from that other security guard. I guarantee he's gonna get KTFO a time or two in his career. That may be enough to control a frantic deaf guy, trying to figure out what's going on, but some crackhead is gonna get his number.

Nice scramble from the bottom though.

wish it were Matt Hamill they tried this shit with. Video would have ended at the 2 minute mark with two fucked up security guards

People need to be more tolerant. If that guy was a thief then his friend would of probably started throwing punches and stomping the guard who had his friend in a choke.

I don't get it.
I know I might get slammed for this but how was the security guard supposed to know the guy was deaf? He seemed like he was doing his job to me. Poor technique, but he probably makes 10$ an hour, you can't expect Rickson skills.
The guy was resisting and his friend wasn't making matters any better.
Every time a video like this comes up the lesson should be clear. Whenever a cop, security guard, bouncer or whatever tries to "apprehend" you, you should comply and do whatever the hell they say. When people fight back, no matter how justified they may be, that's when things get rough, and I don't want some 300 pound gorilla who has no idea what he is doing trying UFC moves on me.
Yes sir, whatever you say sir. We will straighten this out in court sir.
I just have a feeling that if everyone had seen the video without knowing the handicaps of both of the gentlemen who were the subjects being detained, it would have been a completely different lot of responses.
Just my opinion.

I don't get it.
I know I might get slammed for this but how was the security guard supposed to know the guy was deaf? He seemed like he was doing his job to me. Poor technique, but he probably makes 10$ an hour, you can't expect Rickson skills.
Every time a video like this comes up the lesson should be clear. Whenever a cop, security guard, bouncer or whatever tries to "apprehend" you, you should comply and do whatever the hell they say. When people fight back, no matter how justified they may be, that's when things get rough, and I don't want some 300 pound gorilla who has no idea what he is doing trying UFC moves on me.
Yes sir, whatever you say sir. We will straighten this out in court sir.
I just have a feeling that if everyone had seen the video without knowing the handicaps of both of the gentlemen who were the subjects being detained, it would have been a completely different lot of responses.
Just my opinion.

The guy was trying not to get choked to death. Did you not see that part?
I'm sorry, but some dude pulls that on me, and I'm not gonna just lay there.

His friend was CLEARLY signing. He wasn't trying to attack anyone, if they would have relaxed, the situation would have cleared itself up. The guy on the bottom was trying to save his life, and even getting out of those chokes, put his hands up to his face, and STAYED on the ground. He was clearly not a threat.

I don't get it.
What do you mean, the guy was resisting? Did you not see him tap like 100 times in the first minute? Since when is a security guard's job to choke someone out? Some people...

if all details are disclosed in the above post i hope they win enough money to nearly bankrupt the mall/store.

I don't disagree the security guards are wrong with what we know now, but to hope the store or mall get sued out of existence is just wrong. So since one or 2 security guards screwed up, you want hundreds or thousands of people to be out of work by shutting the mall down? Go after the people who are wrong here (security guards) but let's please get away from the mentality that we have to sue businesses out of existense.

People need to be more tolerant. If that guy was a thief then his friend would of probably started throwing punches and stomping the guard who had his friend in a choke.

No people should fucking react.

And yes I would probably also be scared and not react, but that's still the wrong thing to do.

I don't disagree the security guards are wrong with what we know now, but to hope the store or mall get sued out of existence is just wrong. So since one or 2 security guards screwed up, you want hundreds or thousands of people to be out of work by shutting the mall down? Go after the people who are wrong here (security guards) but let's please get away from the mentality that we have to sue businesses out of existense.
The store is at fault. They employed security guards with no proper training in restraining people. In addition they probably issued them the guidelines as to how to proceed in such an event.

Restraining someone by choking them out? Are you fucking serious?

I think we need to remind people that chokes when improperly applied can harm the trachea, cause brain damage or even kill you.

:icon_lol:
The store is at fault. They employed security guards with no proper training in restraining people. In addition they probably issued them the guidelines as to how to proceed in such an event.

Restraining someone by choking them out? Are you fucking serious?

I doubt the store issued guidelines for their guards to choke people out. If they did I would agree they are at fault. In fact, there have been stories recently where stores like Wal-Mart have fired their employees for just trying to restrain shoplifters, let alone choking them out. Let's hold the people responsible at fault.

Back