When should Liddell, Hendo, etc. have retired?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
The legend with bad records thread has inspired this question.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/e...-mma-legends-have-just-awful-records.3171385/

Their records are bad because they stayed on too long. But what if they didn't?

Hendo should have retired after the first Shogun fight. On a win streak, just beat Fedor, and ends his career with a FOTY.

Anderson should have retired after the 2nd Sonnen fight. 16-0 in the UFC and ends his career as champion beating his greatest foe. Maybe after the Bonnar fight, ending his career in Brazil.

Shamrock retires after beating Kimo. Shamrock was already done in 2004. Then he KOs Kimo. Perfect end to a career at that point.

Liddell retires after beating Wand. Finally answers the UFC-Pride who would win question.

Ironically Wand retired on a good note. A stand and bang win back in Japan.

GSP did as well but that last fight was so iffy. I think he should come back and rematch Johny.

Shogun retires after beating Forrest. Sonnen retires after beating Shogun. Evans retires after beating Sonnen. Lil Nog retires after beating Evans.

Holloway, Aldo, Mendes, Poirier and others should had just retired. I mean, they fought Conor. This is the prime of fighting - fight Conor. This is the best that ever happened to them. They will never taste it again, unless they get a rematch.

Hendo will fight out his contract in the UFC then sign to Bellator until he's 55 probably.

Hendo retires when he damn well pleases. He's earned the right, and I sure as fuck am not going to tell him otherwise.

I wished Silva retired after UFC 168. I wished BJ Penn retired after UFC 137. I wished the GOAT Pendred never retired.

Hendo and Chuck shoulda retired after they fought each other, but for whatever reason that fight never happened. As a fan of both i think those 2 not fighting is one of MMA's true travesties

P.S

Who the fuck are we to say when an athlete shoud retire

Silva should've retired after beating Bonnar. That would've been a great ending.

Back