When she strains to not look at you

I used to have a friend named Mike who insisted the best place to pick up women is the grocery store. I'm not even joking, when the rest of us headed to the bar, he was on the way to Kroger.

Also, if you are walking, chatting, and picking out stuff together, when you do ask her out, the first date almost feels like the second date.

It's true, because in the same grocery trip, I had success with another woman a little bit later. Just working it. She was all giddy, like a little girl. The problem is, I wasn't as attracted to her.

It's all in the timing when it comes to the grocery store. Got to go at time for the woman you are trying to attract. I usually go early morning. They all seemed to be wearing athletic and yoga gear.

LOL- Active Wear---So true

It’s just a ridiculously lame observation. Creepy ass and dumb thing to say to anyone, hot girl or no

Commenting on something we have in common that we are experiencing in the moment is a lame observation?

Should I have taken a zucchini and said mine is bigger?

Last edited:
I understand the impulse.

Grocery stores, book stores, libraries, classrooms, airports, and planes. I am a little more stimulated than normal in all those kinds of places. I have engaged with women in the past in these places, always mindful that my banter might not be welcome, and observant to whether it was being genuinely reciprocated.

Though I preferred to play the 'long game' in grocery stores. People are regulars at grocery stores, so you do not have to rush things.

I would try and time a check out with a pretty girl so I could be chivalrous and let her cut. Then engage in some playful small talk. At that point, I would do nothing, though I would make a point to remember something about the conversation. If I saw the girl in the store again, I would approach and ask her abut the thing I remembered, which would usually take their memory back to the initial meeting. At this point I might ask their name. But nothing beyond that. From this point though I would consider them a 'grocery store friend' and talk to them when I saw them.

From this point, I would wait for a 'change' or an 'event'. If they had a change in appearance I could compliment them on, or if the shopping was before a holiday event like the 4th of July or the Super Bowl or something where I could ask them about their plans in a non-prying way, and extend an invitation of some kind. Generally they would have plans that close to the event. At which point I would reply 'Some other time perhaps' and then pay very close attention. If they greet that enthusiastically, I would make another invitation on the spot. Sometimes I would even be responded to with an alternative invitation.

When you do get out with ladies through this process, the sexual tension is super crazy on the date, because the odds are you have both been thinking about it for quite a while.

Fuck me you put the groundwork in haha. Thats good stuff though

Fuck me you put the groundwork in haha. Thats good stuff though

Oh Yeah. I loved the groundwork and the long game. I mean I was a modestly above average club puller back in the day when I needed to be. But I always found the other way more stimulating. And you can always have any number of ladies at various points at any given time. If you end up dating someone, you can just continue those loose playful friendships until your circumstances change.

Like most guys, I find sex really enjoyable regardless of when I happened to meet the woman.

But I have also found that if you are able to kind of playfully 'circle around' a woman for a period of weeks, months, or even years before you end up in that sexual situation with them, the sexual energy can just get crazy. Because the women are just so worked up. Men might fantasize about fucking women. But women fantasize about the entire process and 'courtship' leading up to the sex. We imagine fucking them 100 different ways, they imagine the process leading up to the fucking 100 different ways.

I remember one 'library friend' back from the mid 1990's. I flirted around with her for damn near 3 years before I pounced. Only ever saw her or spoke to her at the library. maybe once every 3-4 weeks. Never for more than 3-4 minutes at a time. First she had a boyfried then I had a girlfriend. Finally the timing was right and I got her to a halloween party. Took her home afterwards and I put my hand down there to find her jeans just soaking wet. I actually said 'Holy shit' to her and smiled. She looked at me as if she had not had solid food in a month and said, 'You have no idea how long I have been thinking about this'.

Every guy should experience that

Last edited:
Cmon dude. There is a balance to be kept to this shit, and you know it.

It is not necessarily creepy, but it could be. That depends on the person, how they interact naturally, and how socially aware they are.

At one point or another, all of us have had people come up to us, be they male or female, and try to start conversations with us in social or public settings that we were not interested in having for whatever reason. Could be at an airport or on a plane, grocery store, or wherever.

Typically when that happens, a lot of us might react the way the chick did in this situation. We make little effort in engaging the person, hoping they will get the message and cease. The alternative is to be more direct and ask the person to stop, which many (though not all) cultures would consider to be rude, even if it was done politely. Or some people that were not confrontational might just walk away if they could.

this post has many good points. i think another thing that could make interacting with someone, "creepy", is where the setting is. the grocery store can be a creepy place for someone to start a conversation with you. like you said, it depends on the person. it's not like it's at a bar, where you generally expect someone to start a chat. had a chick i made no interaction with begin a conversation with me just outside the bar i was at this past weekend. totally normal. if you're creeped out in that sort of setting, maybe bars aren't for you. but that's the risk you take.

Jesus fucking christ... Every other Sherdogger is some "paralysis by analysis" teenager.

You though she was hot? She was acting shy?

Walk up to her and ask her out. If she says no, buck up, put your hands in your pocket and move on. If she says yes, get her number and take her someplace decent.

It's not that difficult.

Some things I've learned about women:

1. High quality attractive women will make you do all the work. They get hit on so often that it is essentially no skin off their back to miss an opportunity with you even if you are a stud.
2. Some (maybe a lot of) women actually act more disinterested when they are attracted to you at first sight, it's their shyness and fear of not being pursued mechanism triggering.
3. Said easier than done, but the most effective way to approach girl is being different than the normal guy so you have to do something counter-intuitive. So when you interact with very attractive women, you have to act like they are average looking. The more you downplay their attractiveness (without insulting them), the more they love that shit because they've heard every pick up line about how pretty they are a billion time and they associate those remarks with (drunk) horny dude wanting to get into their pants.

"Thick" girls can fuck right off. They're fine right now, but they're about half a step away from becoming a fat chick. Gimme a chick who works out almost to the point of mental illness.

"Thick" girls can fuck right off. They're fine right now, but they're about half a step away from becoming a fat chick. Gimme a chick who works out almost to the point of mental illness.

Not my cup of tea but here you go.
13428.jpg

My gf always jokes about how I'm a manslut who slayed back in the day, and said the whole reason she was interested (besides thinking I'm cute) is because of how self confident I am.

The less fucks you have, the less you come off as a try hard, the more success you get.

Last edited:
Dude...no offense. .butnshe didn't make eye contact because she wasn't interested.
Just because a girl responds to your question of "hey..bell peppers are soft,huh? " doesn't mean she wants to bang

I understand the impulse.

Grocery stores, book stores, libraries, classrooms, airports, and planes. I am a little more stimulated than normal in all those kinds of places. I have engaged with women in the past in these places, always mindful that my banter might not be welcome, and observant to whether it was being genuinely reciprocated.

Though I preferred to play the 'long game' in grocery stores. People are regulars at grocery stores, so you do not have to rush things.

I would try and time a check out with a pretty girl so I could be chivalrous and let her cut. Then engage in some playful small talk. At that point, I would do nothing, though I would make a point to remember something about the conversation. If I saw the girl in the store again, I would approach and ask her abut the thing I remembered, which would usually take their memory back to the initial meeting. At this point I might ask their name. But nothing beyond that. From this point though I would consider them a 'grocery store friend' and talk to them when I saw them.

From this point, I would wait for a 'change' or an 'event'. If they had a change in appearance I could compliment them on, or if the shopping was before a holiday event like the 4th of July or the Super Bowl or something where I could ask them about their plans in a non-prying way, and extend an invitation of some kind. Generally they would have plans that close to the event. At which point I would reply 'Some other time perhaps' and then pay very close attention. If they greet that enthusiastically, I would make another invitation on the spot. Sometimes I would even be responded to with an alternative invitation.

When you do get out with ladies through this process, the sexual tension is super crazy on the date, because the odds are you have both been thinking about it for quite a while.
<{katwhu}>

Jesus Christ. Waiting to ask her name on the second appearance? Waiting for the 3rd or 4th run-in to maybe ask her out?

Are you THAT self-conscious about appearing creepy. My God, there is nothing less attractive to a woman than this passive, sheepish behavior

Funny enough, such a long-game plan would make it you seem more creepy than asking for her number when you first meet her.

"Hey, m'lady, remember a month ago when we talked for 30 seconds about the crackers? Good times. Good times."

Last edited:
My gf always jokes about how I'm a maneslut who slayed back in the day, and said the whole reason she was interested (besides thinking I'm cute) is because of how self confident I am.

The less fucks you have, the less you come off as a try hard, the more siccess you get.
There's a balance. They want you to not give a fuck about them to get into the relationship, then suddenly change on a dime once you're in it. In the wise words of some Scottish dude I got hammered with in Barcelona a few years ago, "They're all cunts, brother, including both our mothers and the virgin Mary.".

Her inner self-preservation alarm went off - she saw you had that look in your eyes. That "you gonna get raped!" look that TS always gets.

Isn't asking for a number considered rape or at least attempted rape these days?

Jesus Christ. Waiting to ask her name on the second appearance? Waiting for the 3rd or 4th run-in to maybe ask her out?

Are you THAT self-conscious about appearing creepy. My God, there is nothing less attractive to a woman than this passive, sheepish behavior

LOL- Women do not expect, or want, a dudes A-Game when they are buying fucking kale.

Totally different if I was out at a party, bar, club, etc. And believe it or not, women like small talk. A lot of the time I don't even have a particular interest in pursuing them atm. Just keeping that banter sharp and laying a little groundwork just in case.

I mean shit, If I just went around doing nothing but asking out women I wanted to fuck, I would never have had time to do anything else, including eat.

As far as not wanting to appear creepy in a grocery store I go to 2-3 times a week, Yeah...I'll cop to that.

Isn't asking for a number considered rape or at least attempted rape these days?
That's so 2017. Now just breathing in her air space is a capital offense and she'll need at least 6 months of therapy to recover

Back