When rounds are close, judges give them to the champion

Hatuwkoi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Reyes didn't outstrike Jones with 15-20 shots it was 4-5 etc... Jones had the forward pressure and octagon control.
I dont have a certain opinion about the result, it could go both ways but i think this is the reason why the fight went to Jones' favor.

Reyes didn't outstrike Jones with 15-20 shots it was 4-5 etc... Jones had the forward pressure and octagon control.
I dont have a certain opinion about the result, it could go both ways but i think this is the reason why the fight went to Jones' favor.
To be the champ , you have to BEAT the champ....not run away all night and pray for the judges to hand it to you.

Somebody tell that to Mighty Mouse

It's right there in the rules. "To be the champion you have to win by a large margin" just like every other sport. When the Knicks beat the Celtics by 1 point the Celtics win. When Norwich beat Liverpool by 4-3 Liverpool still win. When anyone beats Federer by 1 point Federer still wins. Oh wait... that's not how real sports work.

Which if true, is horrendously flawed.

you don't get additional scoring points for walking into the cage with the belt.

Close fight. I am little anti-Jones because of his cheating but do believe that the fight could have gone either way. Close fights usually go to the champ, that is the way that it is and will always be.

Exactly. I really see a much better case for jones winning. For me, 1-2 Reyes then 4-5 Jon. Now 3 . The head strikes were dead even. Jon’s up on leg kicks. So where talking about
(A) challenger won rd on back foot because of 7 body shots
(b) the champ won because of 87% forward motion.

sidenote, has a challenger in combat sports ever won a rd on the back foot? Barely out landing the champ?

It's right there in the rules. "To be the champion you have to win by a large margin" just like every other sport. When the Knicks beat the Celtics by 1 point the Celtics win. When Norwich beat Liverpool by 4-3 Liverpool still win. When anyone beats Federer by 1 point Federer still wins. Oh wait... that's not how real sports work.
Combat sports will NEVER be real sports. It’d be electronic fighting and judges with click counters

There is a difference between sports that get points from judges and those that get points from scoring goals.

Combat sports will NEVER be real sports. It’d be electronic fighting and judges with click counters
People have strange ideas about what makes something a sport. I would say it's a physical activity that is competitive. Doing the rings in gymnastics is a sport but you have judges scoring it.

I think this is true, champions get the benefit of the doubt. But 100% am against it and it’s not a real rule. Winning a race by an inch is still winning. Fighters should essentially be faceless to the judges, should not matter who they are or what’s on the line.

>comparing sports that aren't based off decisions
Retard

Plus people misuse the fight metrics. There's no criteria where every non jab is weighed equally. A "significant strike" where Jones punches your thigh to annoy you counts the same on the metric as a shin to the head that puts you down and out. A straight right that lands, but not all that cleanly counts the same as the H-bomb that almost decapitated Bisping. So anyone who looks at those numbers, which are also subjective, by the way, and claims that it definitively makes someone the winner or loser of a round is not being honest.

Round 2 was very close, but in the latter part of the round, a couple times when Reyes did try to advance Jones caught him, clean, coming in and stopped him. Those clean shots decided that round for me, and were more telling that leg kicks that were checked by Jones.

It was a very close fight. I wouldn't have had a problem with it going to either fighter. I feel like Reyes had it 3-2, but it wasn't enough to take the belt in the eyes of the judges. I was OK with their decision.

It was a very close fight. I wouldn't have had a problem with it going to either fighter. I feel like Reyes had it 3-2, but it wasn't enough to take the belt in the eyes of the judges. I was OK with their decision.

There was no round in the first 3 that you could possibly give to Jon based on any legal metric, so the fight wasn't close. Not in the sense that you don't know who won and could go either way. You have a clear winner of the first 3 rounds, so if you score them for Jon, either you got paid, you're retarded or you suck his cock for fun.

O my people, listen to the Children:

“My kids are terrorizing me that the fix is in, ‘How could this happen, Dad?, Reyes won that fight,’” - Dana F. White

Lol so if Reyes was the champ and Jones the challenger going into the fight, Reyes would win?

But because the roles were reversed Jones wins?

There was no round in the first 3 that you could possibly give to Jon based on any legal metric, so the fight wasn't close. Not in the sense that you don't know who won and could go either way. You have a clear winner of the first 3 rounds, so if you score them for Jon, either you got paid, you're retarded or you suck his cock for fun.
I don't think all three of the first 3 rounds were 100% decisive for Reyes. He one all 3 IMO, but they weren't all clear cut like you seem to believe. It was a championship fight as the OP is pointing out.

I'm a Jones hater, but I'm glad he didn't lose because that's not how I want it to happen. I wan't to see him get finished.

Back