When people ask for examples of institutional racism...

He was in the middle of stereotyping black people... to a black person. I mean I found it hilarious, but lets not pretend that current conservative identity politics don't have a racial component, and the increased focus on those identity politics is why Pan finds himself in disagreement with them (and the "alt-right" for that matter).
I was not in the middle of stereotyping black people. I said from my experiences from volunteering, a lot of the poor blacks didn't give a shit and make bad decisions. We wre specifically talking about blacks.

The same for poor whites. It's not like I am saying blacks make poor decisions because of DNA. Most poor people make shitty decisions that help them stay continually poor. I know Liberals hate that statement, but it is true. Remember, most is 51%, I didn't say 90%.

Ben Shapiro got kicked out of a High School where he was giving a lecture. The principle didn't like it when a student asked him about poor people and he said most poor people are bad with money and make bad decisions.

I agree. If you are poor and start working at 18 and at 70 you are still poor and needing gov assistance, something is wrong with you. (outside of some medical condition). If you can't better yourself in 50 years and get off gov asisstance, then something is wrong with you. Now making bad decisions and poping out kids or spending above your already limited means is a cause of that problem.

I was not stereotyping blacks, I was if anyhting stereotyping poor people of all color. There are millions more poor whites than blacks.

THE SAME THING APPLIES TO THEM. PERIOD.

Holy Fucking SHIT, is this still going on. I was DISAGREEING WITH PAN BEFORE he told me he was black. Ask Pan himself.
I told him that i got my viewpoints from life experience and talking with other blacks. I told him that I will take my life experience and talking with blacks over his comments ( I thought he was Latino/Indian or something). He then came out and said he was black.
I didn't know, for fuck sake, Hollywood Nicky didn't know and commented in the thread. Half the people in the thread didn't know Pan was black.
If I was racist I would not admit that part of my ideaology was helped formed by talking to black people.
I have said in multiple threads including that one I believe, That I was raised by a black step mom during my teen years. She died of Brain cancer 4 years ago. My current step mom is black. I dated black girls and grew up in black neighborhoods.- cue the ---i got a black friend comments----
I agree with pan on 95% of economics. He has also helped me become more informed on red lining, gi bill discrimination, etc.
I don't know what percentages Pan would put it at, but I am more of a (certain segment of black people) make horrible choices that hurt their life more than institutional racism.
I put a 70/30 split on bad choices versus racism argument as to what holds some people back.

I didn't mean to drag this out, but it bothers me that people made these accusations of racism, with you being caught in the middle of it, and nobody has bothered to retract their claims.

I didn't mean to drag this out, but it bothers me that people made these accusations of racism, with you being caught in the middle of it, and nobody has bothered to retract their claims.
Yea, I understand the legacy of slavery, Jim Crowe, Red Lining, Gi Bill discrimination, etc. I understand and know it is harder than just saying, slavery happened 150 years ago, GET OVER IT.

But it's is like if you don't think that institutional racism is the main thing holding back a certain segement of black society, then you are a racist POS.

I freely admit that that plays a part in it. BUT I think the personal decisions hat people make fuck stuff up even more for them. If you are already behind the 8 ball and you fuck stuff up even more, That's not whiteys fault.

It's impossible to have a multi edge view with Liberals, If you say Personal choice is a bigge problem than Institutional racism, you get labeled as Hitler JR.

Yea, I understand the legacy of slavery, Jim Crowe, Red Lining, Gi Bill discrimination, etc. I understand and know it is harder than just saying, slavery happened 150 years ago, GET OVER IT.

But it's is like if you don't think that institutional racism is the main thing holding back a certain segement of black society, then you are a racist POS.

I freely admit that that plays a part in it. BUT I think the personal decisions hat people make fuck stuff up even more for them. If you are already behind the 8 ball and you fuck stuff up even more, That's not whiteys fault.

It's impossible to have a multi edge view with Liberals, If you say Personal choice is a bigge problem than Institutional racism, you get labeled as Hitler JR.

It certainly seems that a large portion of BLM and it's proponents are not interested in a conversation about the degree of harm which racism causes. There is certainly no room in the margins to suggest that not all white people have a privilege that's worth mentioning, or that not all black people have been oppressed.

Of course, if they did admit this, they would lose the right to label individuals based solely on skin colour, so they battle to ensure there is no exception.

It certainly seems that a large portion of BLM and it's proponents are not interested in a conversation about the degree of harm which racism causes. There is certainly no room in the margins to suggest that not all white people have a privilege that's worth mentioning, or that not all black people have been oppressed.

Of course, if they did admit this, they would lose the right to label individuals based solely on skin colour, so they battle to ensure there is no exception.
It's funny, rup accused me of stereotyping people. You know most stereotypes have some, to a lot, of basis in reality. When I was helping people fill out job applications and interview, etc. The same guys came back time after time. I was talking with one guy, he worked just long enough to get a check and he went out and spent it on ........................... you guessed it....... Jordan's. He quit because they wanted him to work a Fri night. He would come back in and go through the motions. I would hear him talking to other people about how he is just doing this cuz his mom is makin him do it.

70% of the people that walked in the door had on more expensive clothes than I did. Now sure that could be their one set of nice/expensive clothes, but some how I doubt that. People would have on $400 in Jordan gear and say they are broke looking for work or info on how to apply for gov. assistance.

and don't go out into the parking lot, They drove nicer cards than I did, spinnin rims, sound systems, etc.

I know it drives Lilly white liberals insane that lower economic blacks get "stereotyped" that way, but I always tell them, bring yo ass down to my area and I'll show you stereotypes.

It's funny, rup accused me of stereotyping people. You know most stereotypes have some, to a lot, of basis in reality. When I was helping people fill out job applications and interview, etc. The same guys came back time after time. I was talking with one guy, he worked just long enough to get a check and he went out and spent it on ........................... you guessed it....... Jordan's. He quit because they wanted him to work a Fri night. He would come back in and go through the motions. I would hear him talking to other people about how he is just doing this cuz his mom is makin him do it.

70% of the people that walked in the door had on more expensive clothes than I did. Now sure that could be their one set of nice/expensive clothes, but some how I doubt that. People would have on $400 in Jordan gear and say they are broke looking for work or info on how to apply for gov. assistance.

and don't go out into the parking lot, They drove nicer cards than I did, spinnin rims, sound systems, etc.

I know it drives Lilly white liberals insane that lower economic blacks get "stereotyped" that way, but I always tell them, bring yo ass down to my area and I'll show you stereotypes.

I think stereotyping is human. When it becomes dubious is when you apply the generalization to individuals, and when you attach causation to race. BLM is guilty of the former.

I was not in the middle of stereotyping black people. I said from my experiences from volunteering, a lot of the poor blacks didn't give a shit and make bad decisions. We wre specifically talking about blacks.

The same for poor whites. It's not like I am saying blacks make poor decisions because of DNA. Most poor people make shitty decisions that help them stay continually poor. I know Liberals hate that statement, but it is true. Remember, most is 51%, I didn't say 90%.

Ben Shapiro got kicked out of a High School where he was giving a lecture. The principle didn't like it when a student asked him about poor people and he said most poor people are bad with money and make bad decisions.

I agree. If you are poor and start working at 18 and at 70 you are still poor and needing gov assistance, something is wrong with you. (outside of some medical condition). If you can't better yourself in 50 years and get off gov asisstance, then something is wrong with you. Now making bad decisions and poping out kids or spending above your already limited means is a cause of that problem.

I was not stereotyping blacks, I was if anyhting stereotyping poor people of all color. There are millions more poor whites than blacks.

THE SAME THING APPLIES TO THEM. PERIOD.

Yeah you were.

JUST LIKE THE MAJORITY (51%) OF ALL OTHER RACE POOR PEOPLE ARE LAZY AND BAD WITH MONEY

I think stereotyping is human. When it becomes dubious is when you apply the generalization to individuals, and when you attach causation to race. BLM is guilty of the former.
RUP OUTED ME, HE STILL SAID I WAS STEREOTYPING POOR BLACKS.

I ADMIT IT, THE MAJORITY (51%) OF POOR BLACKS ARE LAZY, BAD WITH MONEY AND MAKE CHOICES THAT CAUSE THEM TO HAVE A HARDER TIME CATCHING UP.

FUNNY HOW IT'S THE SAME WAY WITH POOR PEOPLE OF ALL COLOR.

Back