when mouthguard fitting correct

ballie

White Belt
Reaction score
normally my mouthguard(such a cheap one) sits pretty tight, I mean like when I open my mouth it stays on my upper teeth, I bought a new one(shields), something with kind of a gel layer in it too and I prepared it, but when I open my mouth it doesn't really stick to my teeth, is it the mouthguard or should I redo it because it looks like my teeth fit it perfectly

My shockDr was like that so I did it again and it fits a lot better, but if it is a boil and bit then I would say it's just the mouthguard. If it is a really nice guard then they might have messed up with the mold.

I'm hesitant to get a nice mouthguard becuase my teeth shift constantly. I wear retainers at night and if I don't wear it, my teeth are far different in just those 12 hours or so.

LCDforMe said:
I'm hesitant to get a nice mouthguard becuase my teeth shift constantly. I wear retainers at night and if I don't wear it, my teeth are far different in just those 12 hours or so.
Just wear your retainer then in the morning make the mold for the guard. That way your guard will keep your teeth where the retainer want them to be. I'm in the same situation.

Back