when mma hits you in the feels...

The Remembering Grace Sakuraba Highlight is fantastic, really well done. I was impressed to see someone has linked it already.

Fights that hit me in feels? A friend and I were die-hard CroCop fans in high school, and I remember we were all at a friends house drinking and we ordered the event and got to telling everyone how amazing he is and how he's just come over from Pride and how he's going to kick this Brazilian no names head off, etc. etc.

As soon as it happened my buddy ran to the bathroom and threw up, like out of shock, and I resigned to drinking myself into oblivion for the rest of the night. Both of us were crushed.

I had to leave the room during a friendly gathering after Shogun Hendo 1. The way that fight was, and the post-fight interviews, Hendo Shogun is MMA's Gatti Ward. I sat on the couch downstairs for a few minutes and held back the tears. There were no tears. But it was close.

I don't know about the feels, but there were lots of moments that hit me all the down in my plums.

Back