When Maia and Shields mainevent..

still better than most bellator cards

you know it's pretty watered down in terms of average quality of cards that's being produced...

I love this fight a lot, but one of those fights which wouldn't surprise me if it were on undercard. Yes, both fought some big name opponents, but..

It's a fucking Wednesday night card. The UFC never put on strong cards on a Wednesday! Top to bottom it's pretty good

Ah it's that same guy who started the Gomi > BJ debacle troll thread.

Move along, fish. Nothing to see here.

I'm extra fucking pumped for today's card BTW. Maldonado's fighting. Plus Silva vs Kim and Pierce vs Palhares? Pretty badass card IMO.

How is that a trollllll thread? Gomi is better than Penn.

A UFC fight night on a Wednesday,.., free!
Not having to listen to my fiance all night,.., priceless!!!

say what you want but this is still better than a bellator card. also if maia wins he likely gets a title shot so the main event means something

oh and the obvious..... its free stfu

Its really hard to dislike either Shields or Maia.

A UFC fight night on a Wednesday,.., free!
Not having to listen to my fiance all night,.., priceless!!!

lol, oh shit, man...need to drop that rock now before it gets a lot more expensive.

j/k....unless you weren't.

you know it's pretty watered down in terms of average quality of cards that's being produced...

I love this fight a lot, but one of those fights which wouldn't surprise me if it were on undercard. Yes, both fought some big name opponents, but..

I think it is a good match-up, a win for Shields would help him a bunch, while a dominating win for Maia may get him a title shot.

Why do people have to complain about cards that are free anyway?

I like Maia a lot, so just put a big one in your mouth TS!

WTF? Both of these guys fought for a title. And this one could have title implications. If Maia wins and looks great doing it, I would think he is in consideration to fight GSP.

Stop bitching TS.

if you TS really thinks it shouldn't be main event i want to know your opinion on Kennedy vs NATAL

This is a damn good card for something that is not a numbered UFC PPV event. Noone who knows anything about MMA is really gonna contest or protest this.

The winner could be the top contender. The co-main winner wouldn't be too far away either. Maldonado/Beltran should be a war, Dillashaw/Assuncao (however his name is spelled) winner will be maybe a win away from a title shot.

The card is pretty decent, and it's Wednesday.

This. It's not a bad card for a Wednesday night. It's better than some pay per views on paper. It could be a great card and even if it's not , it's free.

how did I figur it was a white belt thread?

loool Maia on the undercard...in Brazil....that's rich

But...but its Maia vs Shields,its a fight were i dont even care to explain why its an awesome fight.

Two top shelf grapplers fighting on a free card? One former MW champ, the other a contender. Oh yeah, real watered down.
This.
Also if Maia wins he's likely the #1 contender.

Of course moronic threads like this come up for every (non-UFC on Fox) free event.

Back