When Maia and Shields mainevent..

FistofIce**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
you know it's pretty watered down in terms of average quality of cards that's being produced...

I love this fight a lot, but one of those fights which wouldn't surprise me if it were on undercard. Yes, both fought some big name opponents, but..

The winner could be the top contender. The co-main winner wouldn't be too far away either. Maldonado/Beltran should be a war, Dillashaw/Assuncao (however his name is spelled) winner will be maybe a win away from a title shot.

The card is pretty decent, and it's Wednesday.

Just try to enjoy the fights people.

TRY

Two top shelf grapplers fighting on a free card? One former MW champ, the other a contender. Oh yeah, real watered down.

you know it's pretty watered down in terms of average quality of cards that's being produced...

I love this fight a lot, but one of those fights which wouldn't surprise me if it were on undercard. Yes, both fought some big name opponents, but..

It's a Fight Night.

It's totally free.

It's not a PPV.

I like it a lot.

You are spoiled.

It's a UFN standard card buddy.
Also, I'm ok with the main event, since a victory from Maia may mean a new title challenger.

Some people bitch when you give 'em something for free unless you consider having to watch or ffw the commercials a bother.

While I think that Maia vs. Shields is a co-main at best, IMO this card, in its entirety, is actually a very good UFN.

Not exactly, though, because both guys are in the top ten of their division. I think some people just aren't as stoked on it because Shields isn't all that exciting to watch...lol

Just try to enjoy the fights people.

TRY

Agreed.
Rorschach-watchmen-20859832-500-281.gif

would you tell me that on the phone

39347d1346108932-i-m-pretty-sure-i-am-moron-georgecscott.gif

Even though the main event has a bit of a stalemate stinker potential, if you can't look up and down this card and think that this is great shit you are sadly clueless on all things MMA.

It's definitely not a great card, but you gotta remember that these cards are made for the Brazilian fans, not us.

I'm going to watch though. Some fun fights on the card and Maia will probably get a title shot if he wins.

Ah it's that same guy who started the Gomi > BJ debacle troll thread.

Move along, fish. Nothing to see here.

I'm extra fucking pumped for today's card BTW. Maldonado's fighting. Plus Silva vs Kim and Pierce vs Palhares? Pretty badass card IMO.

but you gotta remember that these cards are made for the Brazilian fans

LOL no it's not.
Yesterday's attendance to the weight in sucked badly and the Q&A section sucked even more.
It would be a weak card wherever it was placed in.

UFC_FN_25_poster.jpg

Ufn17poster.jpg

Ufc_fight_for_the_troops_2_poster.jpg

UFCFN12.jpg

Ufcfightnight101_%281%29.jpg

511px-Ufcfightnight15.PNG

The "good old days". Everything is "so watered down" now that two guys that have been in the main event on PPVs are fighting on a free show. It's not a big card by any means but it's not unusual for a TV card.

I get to watch 10 fights on my TV. No Facebook. No PPV. Fuck. Yes.

While I think that Maia vs. Shields is a co-main at best, IMO this card, in its entirety, is actually a very good UFN.

My thoughts exactly when this fight was first announced. I think its a great fight with huge meaning within the division, but it is not a fight that has a lot of drawing power on its own.

But, on the bright side for the card itself, its not like they had to put Dongi Yang on the poster.

Back