When is Yoel Romero the #1 MW contender getting that belt???

I want to see Romero vs Rockhold too, but it's too risky at this point.

3rd round Romero is no picnic either lol
Not if you make him work... Machida sits back and counters which he is awesome at but his opponents get the luxury of setting their own pace... Yoel was starting to gas in the end of red 1 vs Jacere...

Not if you make him work... Machida sits back and counters which he is awesome at but his opponents get the luxury of setting their own pace... Yoel was starting to gas in the end of red 1 vs Jacere...

4 finishes in the 3rd round = bad gas tank. lol wut

Gassing in multipul fights = having a bad gas tank. He had nothing left in round 2 vs Jacere and vs Kennedy he was done in the 2nd as well.

Gassing in multipul fights = having a bad gas tank. He had nothing left in round 2 vs Jacere and vs Kennedy he was done in the 2nd as well.
He was so done in the 2nd he KTFO Kennedy in the 3rd. Kennedy cheated in the 2nd too.

When his pee doesn't melt the sample collection cup.

It bothers me a lot to watch one of my favorite non-juicing fighters get his head repeatedly bounced off the floor by a dirty cheating fool. I hope Yoel never returns.

I was more interested in Rockhold/Weidman II than Rockhold/Romero before Romero even popped. So no, I don't really think he should get the shot. The only problem with giving Weidman the shot is that it could kill his career early.

The belt will soon belong to this man:
2.gif

I think he gets suspended either way. IF his story is true I think he should not though.

If the USADA tests other samples of the supplement and it does indeed contain the banned diuretic, then yeah, Romero should be cleared. I personally think it is unlikely. But we'll just have to wait and see. Stranger things have happened.

Weidman and Rockhold would beat him. The man barely survived Kennedy. Yoel is a front runner like Johnson. If you take him into deep water, he becomes easier to counter. His gas tank is not great, and hie doesn't have a broad set of skills to help him out of worse positions. The only significant thing he did to Jacare was land the backhand, and imo Jacare definitely won that fight.

All Weidman and Rockhold would have to do is avoid a couple of hulk bursts. They're more durable than Yoel.
you are giving kennedy way too much credit for that fight. the guy only landed shots on him by grabbing yoels gloves.

"Yeah he's fluent in German and Spanish but has comically bad English. Loved seeing all the butthurt politically correct people who thought he was saying some anti-gay speech."

An anti-gay speech wouldn't have anything to do with "political correctness." It would just be hate speech, plain and simple. Saying your religion makes you do it, is not an excuse. Religion is a personal philosophy that is chosen. It's not an immutable quality.

I think Yoel has a little sugar in his gas tank, if you know what I mean.

"Yeah he's fluent in German and Spanish but has comically bad English. Loved seeing all the butthurt politically correct people who thought he was saying some anti-gay speech."

An anti-gay speech wouldn't have anything to do with "political correctness." It would just be hate speech, plain and simple. Saying your religion makes you do it, is not an excuse. Religion is a personal philosophy that is chosen. It's not an immutable quality.
Which shows you missed the point completely that it had nothing to do with anything about gays.

ETA: Only PC fools think someone disagreeing with the gay lifestyle equals hate speech anyways.

Also, a gassed Romero KO'ed a gassed Kennedy. We're not discussing his chances when both fighters are exhausted. Anything can happen. Kennedy could definitely beat Romero in another fight, so that doesn't speak well of Romero.

You guys have to stop falling in love with front runners. Your heart will always be broken.

If the USADA tests other samples of the supplement and it does indeed contain the banned diuretic, then yeah, Romero should be cleared. I personally think it is unlikely. But we'll just have to wait and see. Stranger things have happened.

I'd be shocked if he's cleared. USADA's position in past cases has been that an athlete is ultimately responsible for what they put in their body. Nearly all of the cases that only resulted in a warning or loss of results have been due to medication required for a legitimate condition that the athlete failed to get a TUE for. The only recent case I can find where they got off without a suspension for something else was a woman who tested positive for Clenbuterol from tainted meat in Mexico, which had been well documented in the past. The few supplement cases either result in a full sanction if they didn't even try to figure out if it was clean, or a reduced suspension if it was a first offence.

Yeah, but apprerently he turned clean. they should call it off.
No, no he didn't. Those reports have been debunked as fallacious.
They came from a website with ties to ATT, called Entimports. Run by a shill for ATT's Atlanta franchise.

Back