When is Yoel Romero the #1 MW contender getting that belt???

tumblr_nqn1d0EJWI1rofocqo1_500.gif
*sighs
That's some bad karate

If the USADA confirms it what will you think then?
I will congratulate him for being the first athlete to get off on the tainted supplement defense.

More likely he will eat a suspension and say he has no idea how it could possibly happened.

I will congratulate him for being the first athlete to get off on the tainted supplement defense.

More likely he will eat a suspension and say he has no idea how it could possibly happened.
I think he gets suspended either way. IF his story is true I think he should not though.

The latest is that his test was a positive in a diuretic found in his supplement that is not on the label. If that turns out to be true then he did not really piss hot.
That story is from the same site that said the b sample came back clean. Would not put much value in that article until anyone else can independently verify.

Tainted supplement has been a joke in ped busts for as long as I can remember see article from 2006.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/uniontrib/20061025/news_1s25nandro.html

Think the supplement stuff is a PR move but we will see soon enough.

That story is from the same site that said the b sample came back clean. Would put much value in that article until anyone else can independently verify.

Tainted supplement has been a joke in ped busts for as long as I can remember see article from 2006.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/uniontrib/20061025/news_1s25nandro.html

Think the supplement stuff is a PR move but we will see soon enough.
I put no stock in it. That's why I said we need to see what USADA says. I am not going by any site, but by Romero's manager. I am open to it being true, and since we don't have any official information, I can only form an opinion on what is available while recognizing that the information can not be taken at face value until corroborated.

I put no stock in it. That's why I said we need to see what USADA says. I am not going by any site, but by Romero's manager. I am open to it being true, and since we don't have any official information, I can only form an opinion on what is available while recognizing that the information can not be taken at face value until corroborated.
Fair enough. Didn't realize his manager mentioned what it was other than from a supplement, he spoke again after the mma hour?

I wish him luck. It would suck for him if he decided to take a supplement he never too before at this point in his career and ends up suspended for it.

Fair enough. Didn't realize his manager mentioned what it was other than from a supplement, he spoke again after the mma hour?

I wish him luck. It would suck for him if he decided to take a supplement he never too before at this point in his career and ends up suspended for it.
He said it was a diuretic from a supplement and the USADA has confirmed it. No idea what truth there is, if any. Just what was said.

people didnt understand that he was saying "no forget jesus" but his accent made it sound like "not for gay jesus"

inept communicators

Yeah he's fluent in German and Spanish but has comically bad English. Loved seeing all the butthurt politically correct people who thought he was saying some anti-gay speech.

I hope he can somehow weasel his way out of this because I think he's a great fighter and the clear number one contender, but I imagine that he's going to get some suspension time no matter what. Even if it was a tainted supplement, I doubt it was one of the USADA approved supplements they list on their site, so even if it isn't the maximum sentencing I assume he'll be taking some time off.

people didnt understand that he was saying "no forget jesus" but his accent made it sound like "not for gay jesus"

inept communicators
Even when people are told they don't care. He is Christian so they want to bash him.

He said it was a diuretic from a supplement and the USADA has confirmed it. No idea what truth there is, if any. Just what was said.
That substance was not listed on the label, Kawa said. The manager said he did not want to reveal the name of the supplement or the substance, because USADA is currently investigating the issue.

I thought that was the last he said.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/8...pplement-led-to-yoel-romeros-failed-drug-test

It's possible the information I read put them both together, the information from the site and from the manager. I haven't bothered fact checking because the USADA has yet to chime in.
True. It really is just a waiting game until they do something.

Back