When (if) Conor fights Khabib, he will have one chance only... just like these fights...

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Vitor and Conor = level A strikers with great KO power in the 1st, each with their own style.... but not much grappling... not much heart.... not much gas.

Khabib, Weidman, Jacare = level A grapplers with awesome gnp and submission skills, each with their own style too... none of them with great striking... but big heart and good gas.

We all knew Vitor had one opportunity to finish both fights... in one he was able to explode, but still wasn´t enough... in the other fight, that one shot he tried didn´t come even close... and the fight was soon over in both cases....

3aGBhJS.gif

hqdefault.jpg

So I believe he´s chance is either catch Khabib coming in for a takedown or explodes like Vitor did to Weidman (not his style though)... and if that doesn´t happen, the fight will be over in the 1st. No way Conor will take the beating Johnson took without tapping...
tumblr_ogk9qm0Xay1r7vh24o1_500.gif

What do you guys say?

Jacare and Teh Chris are way better strikers than Khabib

and Khabibs only chance is taking it to the ground, what's your point again?

Khabib will break the easiest.

He'll over-train & lose his cool during the build up itself. McGregor fights are cultural flag pole events now, it's bizarre. Fighters simply are not ready for what they step into.

Khabib got tagged vs MJ.

He's an orthodox wrestler.

With a shorter reach than Conor.

When have we seen that before?

Conor's takedown defense looked really good against Alvarez. His takedown D might be legit now.

But, Alvarez isn't Khabib when it comes to takedowns either. Hey, every round starts standing. Khabib got lit up pretty badly on the feet by MJ.

If the fight was tomorrow, I'd say 80/20 Khabib.

Vitor and Conor = level A strikers with great KO power in the 1st, each with their own style.... but not much grappling... not much heart.... not much gas.

Khabib, Weidman, Jacare = level A grapplers with awesome gnp and submission skills, each with their own style too... none of them with great striking... but big heart and good gas.

We all knew Vitor had one opportunity to finish both fights... in one he was able to explode, but still wasn´t enough... in the other fight, that one shot he tried didn´t come even close... and the fight was soon over in both cases....

3aGBhJS.gif

hqdefault.jpg

So I believe he´s chance is either catch Khabib coming in for a takedown or explodes like Vitor did to Weidman (not his style though)... and if that doesn´t happen, the fight will be over in the 1st. No way Conor will take the beating Johnson took without tapping...
tumblr_ogk9qm0Xay1r7vh24o1_500.gif

What do you guys say?

And Khabib only chance is getting Conor on the ground

I believe that Khabib will easily take him down and smash him...and if Conor is able to beat the shit out of Khabib, I will finally become a believer, because lets be real, he basically lost to Nate twice....ok, he won the second one, but just barely, and Nate is not what you would call the greatest fighter in the world. Styles make fights, and if Khabib tries to box with Conor, it's all over for him.

Back