When I lose weight my fat hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarymonster

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yeah. My weight goes up & down a bit. I'm 6'1" and about 185 now, probably 12% fat currently. Been as heavy as 215 and low as 175 in the past 4 years. And some mild up & down in between, but a steady decline generally. When my diet is cleaner, or my body composition is improving and I am dropping a lb a week or so, my torso where I store my fat kind of hurts. Like not pain, but discomfort; sort of a slight burn and a bit like DOMS. I've never heard of this and since I am in this clean up phase and experiencing the feeling, thought I'd post.

This is very strange how involved you are with your body's percentages and how you feel. Sheesh, I stop with "when I work out, my body gets sore"

That feeling, you're probably just revving your body up to lose weight or something

Well how long has this been going on? If it has just been recently could just be your body getting used to a cleaner diet

Yes, I am very in tune with my body. That's just how I am though in general. Hypochondriac, maybe kind of but just very aware of my injuries and imbalances.

This soreness has happened several times before, in fact I now recognize the feeling as 'I am metabolizing stored energy'.
Maybe it is mental.

Doesn't sound like ne1 heard of or experiences this...

Sounds mental or just simply the changes in your diet are giving you gas or stomach issues in general.... pretty normal as far as I'm concerned.

Your fat doesn't want to leave your body.
When fat feels like it's being threatened (weight loss for example) it will attack you and everything you love!!!

Most people have to succumb to the fat and keep it.... find a way to incorporate it in their day to day life. This is commonly referred to as the "Santa Claus Settle".

If you desire to go through with this make certain you have your loved ones move to an undisclosed area. A place that you don't even know about. Because if you know, your fat knows. And if your fat knows, it will find them!!!

God speed.

Diet:
BF: 2/3 cup of scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup potatos, tiny piece of bacon, 1 1/2 cup pineapple or watermelon or grapes, 1/4 cup cottage cheese
tea
mid morning: Muffin
Noon: Soup
Lunch: usually salad, fish/chicken, pasta/rice or sandwich sometimes fries but right now just eating less. and no fries.
dinner: always healthful as it's a family meal.
later: almonds, popcorn

However I eat cookies and dessert here & there, and other stuff I find at work. Plus beers in the evening. I cut the dessert stuff out lately and am eating a lighter lunch. BF & Dinner is cool

So I eat pretty well in general.

fat doesn't have nerves genius, so you workout and your muscles get sore? really? oh but it must be your fat getting sore, go read a book

It's not your "fat tissue" that hurts. Changing your diet could cause pain in several ways, such as from gas or heartburn. Or, maybe you're just not used to the discomfort of being seriously hungry. However, any sort of inexplicable pain is a question for your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back