When I don't eat these foods, I feel like crap...

XTrainer

Red Belt
Reaction score
I find this interesting because these foods don't necessarily make everyone's short list, but they are PIVOTAL to my well-being. I rarely have to go without any of these for more than a day or two, but when I do, it's awful.

-Oats, steel cut when I can, old fashioned rolled when I can't.
-Natural peanut butter.
-Plain yogurt
-Milled flax seeds
-Magnesium supplement
-Fish oil supplement
-Whey protein. Actually, if I find myself lacking protein at all, I feel pretty bad.

When I miss any of these foods, I feel fatigued, sluggish, and agitated.

Where are the meats, the fruits, and the veggies? While I eat them all daily, the immediate consequences of missing a day of spinach or turkey aren't nearly as bad as when I miss out on oats or natural PB, for example. Do I know why? No.

I find this interesting. What are your lists? Do they look like mine?

Where are the meats, the fruits, and the veggies? While I eat them all daily, the immediate consequences of missing a day of spinach or turkey aren't nearly as bad as when I miss out on oats or natural PB, for example. Do I know why? No.

That's weird b/c for me it's broccoli. I always keep a bunch steamed and convenient in the fridge.

I completely agree about the oats. I could have a massive breakfast but if there's no oatmeal I feel like I'm missing something.

Spinach or any other veggies to be honest. I need them everyday. Fruits I can hack not eating everyday but I do love Cantaloupe. Meats!!! If i dont have my meats or if I dont even eat every 3 hours, I become very agitated. I also need my fish oils and greens multi...without them, I dont have the energy I usually have.

White meat, green stuff and a bit of cheese very now and then and I'm set til the grave.

Cheese is one of those foods that tastes good to me, but makes me feel "weighed down," for lack of a better term.

I feel like shit without carbs..if I don't have at least 100g in a day it is just a shit day. Same goes for meat. I need at least 40g of protein from beef/chicken/pork or I feel like I want to kill myself.

Your winner, and still reigning champeen....FISH OIL!!!!!

When I'm staying at my girl's place and I can't have my fish oil, I feel noticeably worse after only a day or two.

Vegetables in general. Going without some green leafy things makes me feel, I don't know, greasy, dirty, sluggish, ugh.

For me the only way to start the day is with oats or shredded wheat & mixed berries followed by cottage cheese mixed with fruit salad. On the weekends I will often have bacon & eggs with toast and sometimes baked beans and it just doesn't give me the same energy boost.

i sometimes feel pretty bad trying to make weight...I am on my fault all day with work and I also work 60 hours a wk...so putting yourself in a calorie deficit can def take its toll on me. BUt yeah, I dont feel bad if I miss any certain food but I def feel great when I get a lot of veggies in...

Mainly veggies. How can I put this?, it's not that I feel sluggish if I don't have them but I just feel so much better when I do. I hope that made sense.

Cheese is one of those foods that tastes good to me, but makes me feel "weighed down," for lack of a better term.

I love cheese, and dairy. Problem is I seem to get sinus issues when I eat it now. So i have to stay away.

For breakfast only thing I can eat is a protein shake. For lunch I prefer meat+veggies because rice etc. make me sleepy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back