When Headbutts Were Legal: Young Khabib Exploit

Should headbutts be legal in the UFC?

• Total voters
headbutts are extremely dangerous, but if elbows are legal I can argue headbutts should be legal also

headbutt on the ground can't generate much power, it is mostly used to create openings and take better position. Stand up headbutt with the body power are much more powerful, but also much harder to land

I love your AV btw
berserk all day

The thing with headbutts is that there's a trade-off. Can you knock your opponent out with the headbutt, or cause significant enough blood loss to have the fight stopped, before you suffer from brain trauma. It's an incredibly inefficient way to win fights at the highest level, which is partly why is they were banned.

If anything, i think standing headbutts are the most potentially game changing techniques not allowed in MMA. They would pretty much shut down any chest high, greco styled wall-and-stall wrestling (i'm looking at you, Usman).

To KO someone with a headbutt is hard anyway.

But headbutts easily cause damage. The guy was fine.
I think their damage is quite overrated especially when you have to take in the factor that you are taking damage while throwing them

images

Chin butts are still legal.

All these karate forum visitors on sherdawg will cry when this happens.

You guys always keep complaining mma favors wrestlers when it's always wrestler tools that get taken away.

Bring back stomps/soccer kicks and headbutts and see strikers melt away lol

Khabib Bless
Soccer kicks are a wrestlers nightmare. Failed shoot and kicked in the head. So how does that take away from wrestlers?

You guys always keep complaining mma favors wrestlers when it's always wrestler tools that get taken away.

Khabib Bless
100% truth. pajama boys are shook because they know wrestling+headbutts is the ultimate form of ground combat and MT fanboys hate headbutts because they know it completely negates the Thai plum. In other words a monster greco guy like Karelin that would be allowed to headbutt = GOAT combat sports athlete.

Khabib Bless
Dan Henderson a wrestler stomped by striker Silva in first fight. Changed rules for 2nd fight in the US.

Wrestler Sonnen hates them and talks about Henderson vs Silva.

Looked like a typical bullshit Khabib decision blanket victory zzzzzzzzzzz

those headbutts did nothing.

Do you remember when Mark Coleman steamrolled during the good ol' days of SEG UFC with takedowns and headbutts? That's why they banned those, khabib here uses those to distract his opponent. Prime Coleman would beat the shit out of everyone if he gets the TD and starts headbutting, that is until Maurice Smith figure him out and the headbutts were banned.

Lethwei shit here.

100% truth. pajama boys are shook because they know wrestling+headbutts is the ultimate form of ground combat and MT fanboys hate headbutts because they know it completely negates the Thai plum. In other words a monster greco guy like Karelin that would be allowed to headbutt = GOAT combat sports athlete.

You do understand that MT had headbutts as part of its rules in the past...........the "Thai plum" is a very small part of upper body grappling.

Head butts are the #1 doctor stoppage cuts in the UFC. We already have enough fights stopped prematurely. Dont need more imo

Back