When Greg Hardy becomes Champ will more NFL guys come over?

Simply put yes they will. The bottom third of the NFL roster will come and take over the UFC effectively rendering the last 70 years of MMA as obsolete.
Technique cannot overcome a-level athleticism and if we know one thing as demonstrated by the likes of Roman Reigns, Edge, and Rhino just to name a few, the lunging spear or tackle if you will is unstoppable.

No, they dont need to be a superstar to make more money than your average UFC champion, Conor making into the millions it isnt the rule but the exception, its not all about the weight class.

I'm betting on Greg Hardy to become champ. Learning takedown defence isn't that hard. Look at guys like Wonderboy.

Heavyweight is a trash division, too. DC is gonna retire soon. I just don't see anyone that is touching Greg Hardy.

Do you think more guys will come over if he becomes champ? Being the baddest man on the planet is a title all men low key want, right?
I see Hardy being beat down by a top 15 journey man.

That being said I feel like a lot of "A-level" woman beaters will be coming over as soon as the NFL ends their careers for PR purposes

I doubt it, there's more money being on the practice squad in the NFL than being a UFC headliner. Only way A-level athletes will come is if their NFL career gets cut short.

Exactly.

It would potentially interest more washouts who take this route as opposed to arena league, or playing in Canada.

Anyone with > 20% change of making a roster wouldn't consider it. You have to be down to low tier options.

The risk -vs- reward in MMA is atrocious and we're shuffling around old farts in the upper weight divisions because of it.

I'm betting on Greg Hardy to become champ. Learning takedown defence isn't that hard. Look at guys like Wonderboy.

Heavyweight is a trash division, too. DC is gonna retire soon. I just don't see anyone that is touching Greg Hardy.

Do you think more guys will come over if he becomes champ? Being the baddest man on the planet is a title all men low key want, right?

He will never be UFC champion. He beat some cans. Good for him. When he steps up in competition, he is through.

TS, slow down. Hardy is pretty good, but he's no Todd Duffee.

Justin Willis would be a good test. i think Willis wins.

Wonderboy is fine, and unlike Hardy, came from a background of combat sports, not running a ball down a field. Greg must learn lots more than TDD, he also has to learn Grappling IQ to avoid getting "Frank Mir'd", "Rickson'd" or "Big Nog'd" if you know what I mean. His striking isn't going to keep him alive against Blaydes, Reem, JDS, Cain. Hardy also isn't some big guy like Brock who can just heave people over on raw power and athleticism, technique be damned.

It's not so bad that Hardy is just going to run through. Look for Hardy to be stopped by any competent heavyweight. Stipe, Streuve, Reem, JDS, Ngannou, Arlovski, and Blaydes beat him with range-based striking while Cain, Lewis, Tybura, and Oleinik beat him on the ground - any of these fights and Hardy is toast. He doesn't have the Fight IQ to survive these guys. Hardy -can- find a way to improve and train up, but these are tough opponents for him. They sure won't go down like a screaming wife or dana white number one contender series guy.

A-Grade Athletes chase money, they will play water polo if that's where the money is. Combat Sports tends to get A-Level Athletes only when that person either can't learn sportsball or can't work as part of a team. In those cases, the athlete is best paid going to boxing - even if they suck, a low level boxer with a record of 5-20 gets paid more than most UFC headliners. For that to happen, MMA would need to have the ability to pay what Boxing pays. Now, if MMA could afford to pay what Boxing does, then maybe that would happen. I believe many high grade athletes would prefer MMA over sportsball if it paid, and would also prefer MMA to Boxing if it paid.

I agree everything you're saying apart from boxers getting paid more.

There's a handful of boxers getting paid millions Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Canelo and GGG. Mayweather and Pac if they're still fighting.

If you're not those guys you're doing what a decent name UFC guy is getting like Reem and Hunt get 800k a fight.

Biggest Boxing card of the year happened at the weekend. Canelo and GGG as headliners both got a guaranteed $5million.

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/ne...hter-on-main-card-will-take-home-on-saturday/

The undercard included former P4P ranked boxer Chocolatito who is 47-2 getting just $200k.

Jamie Mungia 31-0 gets $250k and David Lemieux former IBF title holder and 6th ranked MW with a record of 40-4 getting $200k.

"For their first bout last year, Alvarez earned a guaranteed purse of $5 million while Golovkin made $3 million.

The purses for Saturday's PPV undercard fighters are: Jaime Munguia, $250,000; Brandon Cook, $30,000; David Lemieux, $200,000; Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan, $400,000; Roman Gonzalez, $200,000; Moises Fuentes, $35,000."

The top earning UFC guys are getting paid in the millions details of Alvarez contract came out and I worked it out at the time I can't remember exactly but he got a couple of million for fighting Conor, Aldo got $5million, Rampage made $15million in 5 years with the UFC etc

LOL.
Funny how casuals eat up all the UFCs hype machine propaganda. Did you really think that, I would never post here again if I were you. Just too embarrassing. Hopefully you didn't actually bet anything on Greg Hardy becoming champ.

I agree that HW is on its way to being the worst it has ever been, with even the newer generation of Stipe, DC, and Cain all getting up there in age and the old guard like Overeem, Werdum, Barnett all done or nearly done.

Blaydes is just about the only grappler that will be left. The new crop is mostly strikers/brawlers: Ngannou, Black Beast, Tuivasa, Volkov, aging Dos Santos.

But he probably still won't be champ. Perhaps he can have an epic trilogy with Crowder though.

$570,000
MINIMUM Salary in the NFL

The starting pay in the UFC is 12k to get your head punched in.

Which do you think is attractive to guys who are capable of doing both sports?

LOL.
Funny how casuals eat up all the UFCs hype machine propaganda. Did you really think that, I would never post here again if I were you. Just too embarrassing. Hopefully you didn't actually bet anything on Greg Hardy becoming champ.

This shit wasn’t UFC hype machine propaganda. This was retarded fans with their “A level athlete” idiocy. We’re talking about a set of numbskuls who want to believe in something and either won’t or can’t use their eyes and brains

Doubt it.

Get paid way less.

Not allowed to take steroids.

Not able to take breathers every 4 seconds.

Get embarrassed on TV by doughy guys.

Not a great deal really.

There is probably more money in the CFL than there is in the UFC

Hardy is gonna get wrecked by "non athletic fat slobs"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back