When Greg Hardy becomes Champ will more NFL guys come over?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm betting on Greg Hardy to become champ. Learning takedown defence isn't that hard. Look at guys like Wonderboy.

Heavyweight is a trash division, too. DC is gonna retire soon. I just don't see anyone that is touching Greg Hardy.

Do you think more guys will come over if he becomes champ? Being the baddest man on the planet is a title all men low key want, right?

I doubt it, there's more money being on the practice squad in the NFL than being a UFC headliner. Only way A-level athletes will come is if their NFL career gets cut short.

Not if they can make more money playing football. If someone else gets run out of the league maybe.

Not unless a rando wants to be like CM Punk and give up his true money to fight in MMA...so... Not likely.

No, most A level athletes will continue to earn bank in real sports.

giphy.gif

Yeah, they're chomping at the bit to make 1/30th as much money and to get randomly insulted by Dana for no reason whenever he's in a bad mood.

There's free money in the HW division for these AAA Athletes.

I'm betting on Greg Hardy to become champ. Learning takedown defence isn't that hard. Look at guys like Wonderboy.
Wonderboy is fine, and unlike Hardy, came from a background of combat sports, not running a ball down a field. Greg must learn lots more than TDD, he also has to learn Grappling IQ to avoid getting "Frank Mir'd", "Rickson'd" or "Big Nog'd" if you know what I mean. His striking isn't going to keep him alive against Blaydes, Reem, JDS, Cain. Hardy also isn't some big guy like Brock who can just heave people over on raw power and athleticism, technique be damned.

Heavyweight is a trash division, too. DC is gonna retire soon. I just don't see anyone that is touching Greg Hardy.

It's not so bad that Hardy is just going to run through. Look for Hardy to be stopped by any competent heavyweight. Stipe, Streuve, Reem, JDS, Ngannou, Arlovski, and Blaydes beat him with range-based striking while Cain, Lewis, Tybura, and Oleinik beat him on the ground - any of these fights and Hardy is toast. He doesn't have the Fight IQ to survive these guys. Hardy -can- find a way to improve and train up, but these are tough opponents for him. They sure won't go down like a screaming wife or dana white number one contender series guy.

Do you think more guys will come over if he becomes champ? Being the baddest man on the planet is a title all men low key want, right?

A-Grade Athletes chase money, they will play water polo if that's where the money is. Combat Sports tends to get A-Level Athletes only when that person either can't learn sportsball or can't work as part of a team. In those cases, the athlete is best paid going to boxing - even if they suck, a low level boxer with a record of 5-20 gets paid more than most UFC headliners. For that to happen, MMA would need to have the ability to pay what Boxing pays. Now, if MMA could afford to pay what Boxing does, then maybe that would happen. I believe many high grade athletes would prefer MMA over sportsball if it paid, and would also prefer MMA to Boxing if it paid.

I believe many high grade athletes would prefer MMA over sportsball if it paid, and would also prefer MMA to Boxing if it paid.

No one with a half brain would do this.

I know there are guys who love combat sports, but most would change sports if they had the opportunity:
a) more money
b) more popular
c) not so dangerous

I would only prefer martial arts if i could earn 50-100 million per year and soccer,basketball would only pay 1-2 million per year.

If I earned 60 million a year through soccer and 80 million a year through boxing, then I would have chosen soccer:
- much more fun
- no cte
- more popular
- hot girls
-
- .. list goes on

Don't underestimate him, He'll turn your favorite fighter face down ass up. If he was five years younger with a little more striking experience under his belt he'd be champ. His power and speed is unrivaled at HW. At the very least he's a noble servant to the JBG!

<{JustBleed}>

Don't underestimate him, He'll turn your favorite fighter face down ass up. If he was five years younger with a little more striking experience under his belt he'd be champ. His power and speed is unrivaled at HW. At the very least he's a noble servant to the JBG!

<{JustBleed}>

give him ngannous "s vitamins" and greg is the next champ (2019).

In those cases, the athlete is best paid going to boxing - even if they suck, a low level boxer with a record of 5-20 gets paid more than most UFC headliners. For that to happen, MMA would need to have the ability to pay what Boxing pays.
Who has a 5-20 record in boxing making more than any headliner in the ufc? I don't remember the exact figures and I'm not looking this shit up again. But dudes not head lining boxing events get paid peanuts unless it's a mega event like a GGG card if I remember correctly.

It's not going to happen - football isn't a base for MMA. He's just a big athletic dude. A big wrestler crossing over is different. He might have a run like Ngannou had, because heavyweight is full of unathletic sloppy dudes who can't really fight, but eventually he'll run into someone who can actually fight and he'll get murdered.

I promise if i become UFC Champ, there will be a wave of lowlife scumbags fighting their way to the top.

Not long after Hardy wins the title and becomes rich, you will see A Level Athletes migrate in to each division and take over. It will be the A Level Athlete Revolution (ALAR).

Back