When Fedor beats Rampage he will have beaten 7 UFC Champions!

And still not a single one while they were currently on top and at their best.

Being the biggest can crusher of all time isn’t easy, it takes dedication to plan and Duck that many people when they were on top for decades and wait till they were on the decline to fight them.
Nogueira, Randleman, Sylvia, and Arlovski were arguably in their prime.
Nogueira was on a thirteen fight win streak, with 5 titles defenses, and was the top HW when Fedor dethroned him. He then went on a 5 fight win streak before Fedor beat him down again.
Arlovski had just come off beating Werdum, Rothwell, and Nelson after losing his title to Sylvia.
Randleman had just knocked out prime CroCop. This was the best win of his career.
Sylvia had lost only to Noguiera, Arlovski (who he rematched and beat twice), and Couture in his last ten fights prior to getting smoked by Fedor.

Facts are facts.

Fedor beat multiple champs not too far removed from their prime.

That's a different thing entirely from when they were champs though. Being in/near your prime doesn't mean you're the best when we know you already lost the title to someone better than you.

I don't give a shit that he beat Sylvia when I already know Randy was "the man" in the UFC at that point. Randy is the person who would be the noteworthy victory.

He beat only one champ though - but that's cuz he didn't lose (Fedor) in the meantime, when he himself was reigning. Hence he couldn't beat champs.

Also, you know, the whole never signing with UFC despite UFC being around before Pride as well as after Pride folded 13 years ago thing. He didn't fight any UFC champs because he wouldn't fight in the UFC.

This is a much tougher matchup for Fedor than someone like Chael. HW Rampage may be the slowest fighter ever, but he still has power and a chin. Fedor isn't Mr. Double-leg, either.

That upper body takedown reversal was so fucking sweet against Chael. That was so smart it was bizarre.

and Fedor doesn't have to do double legs. he's still got a takedown arsenal... not that he'll ever use it any more.

yeah tougher matchup but I mean Rampage aint no spring chicken either. I favor Fedor but slightly.

The GOAT has signed to fight Rampage. We all know Rampage can’t even be bothered to get in shape these days so this should be an easy fight for Fedor.

With a win he will have wins over 7 UFC Champions! Not only that but he brutally finished them all except for Nog whom he beat twice.
  1. Andrei Arlovski
  2. Tim Sylvia
  3. Big Nog x2
  4. Frank Mir
  5. Mark Coleman
  6. Kevin Randleman
  7. Rampage
Goat gonna Goat
<Fedor23>

I think Fedor has no chance vs Rampage.

Good strong chin that only loses to kicks not punches ...

Rampage is going to Kill Fedor.

Nogueira, Randleman, Sylvia, and Arlovski were arguably in their prime.
Nogueira was on a thirteen fight win streak, with 5 titles defenses, and was the top HW when Fedor dethroned him. He then went on a 5 fight win streak before Fedor beat him down again.
Arlovski had just come off beating Werdum, Rothwell, and Nelson after losing his title to Sylvia.
Randleman had just knocked out prime CroCop. This was the best win of his career.
Sylvia had lost only to Noguiera, Arlovski (who he rematched and beat twice), and Couture in his last ten fights prior to getting smoked by Fedor.

Facts are facts.
people don't even deserve to get educated but that's nice of you. Nicer than I am at least.

This is a much tougher matchup for Fedor than someone like Chael. HW Rampage may be the slowest fighter ever, but he still has power and a chin. Fedor isn't Mr. Double-leg, either.

Exactly ... styles makes fights.

I don't see how Fedor can survive this fight. Fedor will be FLATLINED in this fight. I have no doubt about it.

He didn't fight any UFC champs because he wouldn't fight in the UFC.

He did fight multiple (former) UFC champs though. And they weren't far removed from their past.

Mind you, Pride was at the time superior to or at least on level with UFC.

The GOAT has signed to fight Rampage. We all know Rampage can’t even be bothered to get in shape these days so this should be an easy fight for Fedor.

With a win he will have wins over 7 UFC Champions! Not only that but he brutally finished them all except for Nog whom he beat twice.
  1. Andrei Arlovski
  2. Tim Sylvia
  3. Big Nog x2
  4. Frank Mir
  5. Mark Coleman
  6. Kevin Randleman
  7. Rampage
Goat gonna Goat
<Fedor23>

sorry to tell you this...but fedor is getting ko'd again...like he's been getting alot lately...in his prime, it would have been a completely different story...but fedor's mma game has so deteriorated...it's crazy..his chin is gone...his cardio is gone also.

Nog has never been a real UFC champ.

Arlovski and Big Tim are the only ex-champs who were near their prime.

And 5 out of his 6 losses weren't good enough to become UFC champion and still beat him.

So if he beats him it's another champ down for his legacy...but if he gets blacked out again it's okay we wont count it as a loss cos he's past his prime?

The mental gymnastics of the Fedor Cult on sherdog.

not anymore he's not...he abandoned his ground game years ago...I'm curious why not one reporter has ever asked him "why did you completely abandon your ground game...haven't gone for a submission in years...hasn't gone for an offensive takedown in years...and the one against mir is not an offensive takedown..it was defensive...fedor has equal number of submissions as he does tko's...but you'd never know that watching him fight.

I can't root for either of them in this fight, I don't want anyone to get hurt:(

Whatever happens, they both need to retire after this shit.

He did fight multiple (former) UFC champs though. And they weren't far removed from their past.

Mind you, Pride was at the time superior to or at least on level with UFC.

when fedor was champion in pride, who was champion in the ufc? pride was far superior than the ufc, as far as heavyweights go...pride was the pinnacle. so when people say, "oh, he never beat guys in the ufc" they should be saying, oh, they never fought guys in pride....I'd like to see any of todays heavyweights fight and in his prime cro cop...and before everyone says, "he just won the grand prix before he got to the ufc...forget to mention, that he had knee surgeries before coming over...he was never the same...which was obvious...

Fedor beat multiple champs not too far removed from their prime.

He beat only one champ though - but that's cuz he didn't lose (Fedor) in the meantime, when he himself was reigning. Hence he couldn't beat champs.
but why do people reference them as former ufc champs and not based on how they were viewed at the time they fought? or better yet, with the benefit of hindsight? it's just a silly game people play that only seems to apply to fedor. i don't think i've ever seen the argument used for any other combat sport athlete.

i don't think i've ever seen the argument used for any other combat sport athlete.

How many recognizable pro combat sports athletes are there? Boxing, i.e. has multiple champs,too.

1. Andrei Arlovski
  2. Tim Sylvia
  3. Big Nog x2
  4. Frank Mir
  5. Mark Coleman
  6. Kevin Randleman
  7. Rampage
Goat gonna Goat
<Fedor23>
Yup and the only one who had any stand-up skills whatsoever was Andrei with a chin of glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back