When fandom becomes nut hugging??

Did i say i was using statistical sources? No. But actually Sherdog is a statistical source for it.

No, you made some 'factual' claims which I was interested to read where you got your findings from.

There's a lot of idiots on Sherdog. Using that as your source, you should know better. But you only signed up 2 months ago :) so maybe you've missed a lot of the daftness that goes on here.

No, you made some 'factual' claims which I was interested to read where you got your findings from.

There's a lot of idiots on Sherdog. Using that as your source, you should know better. But you only signed up 2 months ago :) so maybe you've missed a lot of the daftness that goes on here.

From the UFC statistics, it's a factual claim not "factual"

Never seen a McFraud ppv? Did you see all those irish fans at other UFC events? No you did not.

This thread....how cringy. I get why tje Conor nutswingers are biting back as the Conor bashing is getting beyond pathetic now but you look just as bad

From the UFC statistics, it's a factual claim not "factual"

Never seen a McFraud ppv? Did you see all those irish fans at other UFC events? No you did not.

Haha. I like how you changed direction there.

No, why would there be a large number of Irish fans travelling over to watch fights if there is no Irish fighter on the card? Irish folk will jump on sporting bandwagon - that's no secret. MMA is still new here, so a lot of people who go over for the fights might become fans of MMA in general or just use it as an excuse to visit Vegas and get hammered.

Either way, the atmosphere is never lacking for a card Conor is on - which you can't say for American fans. It's similar to GSP and Canadian fans. Where have they all gone? But one thing they did do that American fans don't, is spend money on travelling to watch his fights.

Irish folk will jump on sporting bandwagon - that's no secret. MMA is still new here, so a lot of people who go over for the fights might become fans of MMA in general or just use it as an excuse to visit Vegas and get hammered.

Exactly my fucking point from the beginning, not a change of direction. All those fans are the ones posting on here about McFraud KO'ing Lawler and RDA simultaneously with one punch

Exactly my fucking point from the beginning, not a change of direction. All those fans are the ones posting on here about McFraud KO'ing Lawler and RDA simultaneously with one punch

Your point from the beginning was 'Conor fans' and using 'statistics' from here.

What you're saying is every Conor fan is from Ireland on here.

Your point from the beginning was 'Conor fans' and using 'statistics' from here.

What you're saying is every Conor fan is from Ireland on here.
No, i'm not saying EVERY Conor fan is from Ireland. Or that every Conor fan is a delusional nuthugger. What i said was that nobody else brought in such a huge following of fans that knew absolutely nothing about the sport. Which is what breeds all the pathetic hyperbole surrounding McGregor. I said no other fighters have that sort of fan (atleast not at a number where you can actually notice their opinions)

No, i'm not saying EVERY Conor fan is from Ireland. Or that every Conor fan is a delusional nuthugger. What i said was that nobody else brought in such a huge following of fans that knew absolutely nothing about the sport. Which is what breeds all the pathetic hyperbole surrounding McGregor. I said no other fighters have that sort of fan (atleast not at a number where you can actually notice their opinions)

Well, at least that's a bit more detailed. I think MMA compared to 5 years ago is a lot more popular and widespread around the world. Conor would have brought in a new wave of fans who probably didn't watch the sport before he got in the UFC.

Let me ask you something. Do you honestly really give a shit if fans of Conor are the most uneducated fans? Is it their lack of education of MMA or simply because they're tied to Conor? And if he did fight Lawler, how did you see it playing out?

Like I said; Conor brings more eyes on the sport. Some people will only watch his fights, some people might get bitten by the bug and start watching other cards without Conor on them. And that may convince young kids to take up MMA or a yong Boxer, wrestler, Thai Boxer or BJJ practitioner to cross over and try MMA - which is a good thing, imo.

When I first started watching and learning about the sport as I still am, as I'm sure you are, didn't fully understand a lot of what was going on or which fighters were strong in certain areas and weak in others. Even fighters who are analysts get things completely wrong when they predict fights. The more you watch, the more you learn - but it's still an unpredictable sport that always throws up a lot of surprises, which is part of the appeal in watching it.

Let me ask you something. Do you honestly really give a shit if fans of Conor are the most uneducated fans? Is it their lack of education of MMA or simply because they're tied to Conor? And if he did fight Lawler, how did you see it playing out?

When I first started watching and learning about the sport as I still am, as I'm sure you are, didn't fully understand a lot of what was going on or which fighters were strong in certain areas and weak in others. Even fighters who are analysts get things completely wrong when they predict fights. The more you watch, the more you learn - but it's still an unpredictable sport that always throws up a lot of surprises, which is part of the appeal in watching it.

I do give a shit because the fan opinions matter in how the sport progresses. If this was like the NBA or NFL or FIFA it wouldn't matter at all what fans believed and i wouldn't care. But yes it really annoys me that because enough fans believe he can be a 3 way division champ, he gets that opportunity while having never defended his belt. It's ridiculous.
As for the potential Lawler fight, Conor would get finished in the first couple of rounds. If Lawler is ever able to tap into that mode of skill and technique he showed at 189 he would put him away very very early. If we get sloppier looping punch Lawler again, it would maybe get into the 2nd with Conor playing on the outside. The power discrepancy is massive.

And yes there's always too many aspects to predicting fights and there might be some unseen factor playing in, or certain style clashes resulting in a different fight than you would think on paper. But as for Conor fighting Lawler that is not the case, i feel shame for even typing out how i think the fight would go, as it should never happen.

I do give a shit because the fan opinions matter in how the sport progresses. If this was like the NBA or NFL or FIFA it wouldn't matter at all what fans believed and i wouldn't care. But yes it really annoys me that because enough fans believe he can be a 3 way division champ, he gets that opportunity while having never defended his belt. It's ridiculous.

But how does fan opinion sway the UFC in deciding if he was to get the opportunity to become a 3 weight Champion? The UFC take your money and don't give a shit what you say.

If you're one of the Fertitta's or Dana and have someone who is willing to go up in weigh x2, knowing it would generate big money, you wouldn't let that happen? How amazing would it have being if Jones and Silva fought? Or even GSP and Silva.

If Champions don't want to move up in weight class, then you can't force them. I thought Ferguson should have got the next shot at dos Anjos, but on the other hand Conor KO'd the '#1P4P fighter' in 13 seconds and was given the option to fight for the LW belt. He'd only won the belt in December and was due to fight a little over 3 months after that. Even if he beat dos Anjos and fought Lawler at 200, the belt would have being just as active as when Aldo was Champion.

If that plan played out that way the company would have made a lot of money, the fighters would have made money and there would have being a lot of fan interest in it. I just get the feeling only because it was Conor who had that opportunity you were so opposed to it.

It's all shades of grey when it comes to the nut hugging. I'm a long time fan but I don't take it too seriously when a favorite fighter loses because it doesn't really affect me. It's just s simple "oh shit" or "oh no" type moment and then I move on. Some folks on here can't seem to do that...Conor fans, I'm looking at you.

There's nothing wrong with either end of the extreme but at the same time, being a fan and being a delusional blind follower are two completely different things.

Back