When exactly did Connor's leg give out?

DrTrouble

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I keep seeing posters saying Conny's leg gave out. When did this happen? At what minute mark of what round?

It didn't give out. It just hurt him enough to slow him down so Dustin could KO him.

Like we could point to the moment when O'Malley, Cejudo, and Michael Chandler's leg gave out from calf kicks but I didn't see anything like that with Connor's leg.

Accumulated damage.

At the end of the first round you see he's no longer taking it as well as he was before. He's not just eating them now.

It gave out when Poirier punched him in the face when he tried to panic wrestle

RemorsefulAdvancedGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

It's just excuses.

True, Dustin made him less mobile with leg kicks but that happens in most fights.

What we saw with Conor was him getting bombed on with half a dozen unanswered head strikes.

I didn't see any exact moment but it clearly was affecting him. So much so that he began reaching with his arm and catching the kick to discourage Dustin from throwing them. Not the best defense against low calf kicks.

When he woke up and realized his leg was a bit sore.

His leg didn't "give out." He didn't have foot drop like Cejudo, Chandler, and Omalley. But his leg was certainly compromised. For someone who relies on boxing like Conor, a damaged lead leg is a serious problem. Conor's stance leaves him vulnerable to leg kicks (as people have pointed out for years), but Dustin is the first to really take advantage of it.

By end of the first round im sure it was pretty trashed, and conor knew he was in trouble

Back