When does Deadwood get good?

It was good from the jump just like The Wire was. You probably just have ADD and can’t stay off your phone for two minutes.

It was good from the jump just like The Wire was. You probably just have ADD and can’t stay off your phone for two minutes.
I for sure have ADD, but I dont use my phone much

Though

For what it's worth I just finished episode 4 and now I'm more into it.

I actually like the wire more than this show but this show gets higher praise I dont get it.

I actually like the wire more than this show but this show gets higher praise I dont get it.
A lot of people feel like it was ripped away from them when HBO cancelled it due to expensive production costs.

I loved The Wire eventually, but it was a slow burner.

well to be fair, Deadwood recently got an ending that I hear was conclusive
and even though the Wire's ending was good, its last season as a whole was its weakest

I'm like on episode 4 and while I appreciate the performances I don't feel like anything is happening yet. This is my second time trying to watch it, and its not that I don't like it - I just forget about it and come back to the next episode weeks later

I know shows like this are a slow burn

should i keep going? Does it get good? Is it dated and I missed the time to watch it?
Same here, tried to watch it 3 times, lost interest after 2 or 3 episodes. I don't like the protagonist, the narrative tempo and I don't care what happens to any of them trying to build a church or whatever.

well to be fair, Deadwood recently got an ending that I hear was conclusive
and even though the Wire's ending was good, its last season as a whole was its weakest

Deadwood film was solid

I never watched it, cocksucka.

I watched it when it was on, but im rewatching it currently to watch the movie when I'm done.

I fucking love this show, but its not for everyone. Also helps that ive seen its, so i skip past alot of the useless bullshit

Fuck you, cocksucker.

That being articulated, it is a bit overrated. Tries getting by on its dialogue alone far too often, and its dialogue is not that good.

with the first few episodes, your attention is drawn to wild bill, because we've heard of him. but after that, all the other characters start to come alive more.

so i'd recommend watching a few episodes after the wild bill arc. then if you're still not into it, it is what it is.

Anybody that does not understand or appreciate Deadwood suck cock by choice!

it's like Mad Men, it grows on you. I wasn't impressed with the first few episodes either. But it's a classic.

At the time it came out it had more standing than today as the only real competition of a similar nature was Oz, Sopranos and Six Feet Under. The new age of high end television hadn't started yet. At that time it was almost solely HBO doing high end tv.

it's like Mad Men, it grows on you. I wasn't impressed with the first few episodes either. But it's a classic.

At the time it came out it had more standing than today as the only real competition of a similar nature was Oz, Sopranos and Six Feet Under. The new age of high end television hadn't started yet. At that time it was almost solely HBO doing high end tv.
Actually finishing episode 4 where Bill gets shot changed my opinion.
I have no information about this series other than its a good western and Ian McShane is in it, so its not like I know any of the plot threads even vaguely
It wasn't exactly a huge shocker, but I did imagine him being around for longer
So now I feel like something actually happened and there's some tension and I burned through the next two eps pretty quickly.
I still don't think it's great, butt now I'm actually engaged enough to want to see more

Back