When do you know your ready to fite?

ThaNeXtCHAMP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am a pretty good boxer i am a well balanced stand-up fighter and when it comes to ground i usually dont loose...everyone i spar with i beat..yet people keep telling me that you should wait until u can beat people ina relaxed sort of state..any suggestions?

My body still gets excited...ie my legs shake a lil uyntil the action starts, but now I can control my heart rate and breathing so much easier and emotionally detach myself so that I can analyze the fight with a clearer head.

Thats cause he hasn't sparred with me yet. Who tells you your friends or people at a school. I imagine its people at a school. Fight in the cage or ?

If you let other people dictate what you do, you'll never get anywhere in life. If you think your ready to take a fight then do it. Why don't you ask your martial arts instructor and see what he has to say about your abilities. Then ask to spar with him since it sounds like you've only sparred with people you know you can beat. Besides, whats the worst that can happen, you get your ass beat and wake up sore for a few days, at least then you know where you stand.

fdupnct said:
If you let other people dictate what you do, you'll never get anywhere in life. If you think your ready to take a fight then do it. Why don't you ask your martial arts instructor and see what he has to say about your abilities. Then ask to spar with him since it sounds like you've only sparred with people you know you can beat. Besides, whats the worst that can happen, you get your ass beat and wake up sore for a few days, at least then you know where you stand.

Yeah I agree

lol thaz true alot of people i spar i know i can beat but everyone else is like 30+ pounds above me and they're all into kickboxing so if i spar with them my head gonna hurt like hell.....also where i'm at the fighting thing is called Rumble at the Roseland and alot of the guyz there look pretty dam good..i think i mite actually go to it though...

ThaNeXtCHAMP said:
lol thaz true alot of people i spar i know i can beat but everyone else is like 30+ pounds above me and they're all into kickboxing so if i spar with them my head gonna hurt like hell.....also where i'm at the fighting thing is called Rumble at the Roseland and alot of the guyz there look pretty dam good..i think i mite actually go to it though...

If you spar with them you may have a headache at the end of the sesson, true. At the same time the more you work with those guys the better your going to get. You don't have to start out sparring full speed and power. Just work the drills with them at first then bang with them but go easy. Then when your ready go 100% sparring with them. If you can deal with guys that are 30 lbs bigger than you then how east is it going to be dealing with someone your own weight.

Seriously, why are you asking a bunch of people that have no clue as to what your abilities are if and when you should start fighting? Don t you think your instructor is more suitable in answering that question?

Go get drunk in a bar, then start dancing with some guys' girlfriends. When they come to fight you, if you beat them all up (must be 5+) in 15 seconds or less..you're ready.

You know you're ready to fight when you've just finished beating your opponent ;)

Back