When do you consider a fighter big? Large? Able to talk crap to WWE giants? Conor too small?

By bigger I think you are meaning frame, most LWs now would look jacked in frame/presence than 99% of people in a bar, WW and above they'd look huge. Big difference between being 190lbs of easy working life and 190lbs of professional fighter.

but 190 isn't "huge," there are plenty of 190 pound kids, in shape, running around football fields all over America. They can't fight to save their asses, but that isn't the point. The point is that a 190 pound kid getting off the bus for a high school football game isn't even considered "huge" by his teammates, and they are high school kids. And I will add too that there is a distinction between a "big guy" and a "big fat guy."

Now you can tell by looking at a guy if he takes great care of himself, but that is independent of a guy being a "big" guy. I have been to UFC events and met fighters, and my reaction when meeting the lighter weight guys for the first time was "wow, these guys are small." It is the opposite of what it is like meeting guys that look tiny on a basketball court in person, where you are shocked at how big even the point guards are.

When do you think it's acceptable for a professional fighter to talk crap about bodybuilders.

Honestly I can't believe this debate is still occurring. I don't even like the Gracies that much, but they proved a long time ago that strength alone doesn't beat technique. Here, a 230 lb professional body builder, 1992 Mr. Olympia challenged a 150 lb Gracie in 1994 to a no holds barred fight based solely on the premise that he believed size beats skill in a fight:

i hadn't saw this video. Thanks for posting it .

No, the Gracies proved that a high level black belt can beat people who know nothing about submission defense. This is why I said it depends on their style.

Conor can't knock out Nate Diaz but you think he's going to go around one-shotting guys who are 6'4 250+ lbs of muscle and who basically take a beating for a living?

He sure as fuck isn't going to be arm-barring them all.
Www guys take a beating for a living now? When did it start becoming real? I must've missed the memo

Honestly I can't believe this debate is still occurring. I don't even like the Gracies that much, but they proved a long time ago that strength alone doesn't beat technique. Here, a 230 lb professional body builder, 1992 Mr. Olympia challenged a 150 lb Gracie in 1994 to a no holds barred fight based solely on the premise that he believed size beats skill in a fight:

That's not the 1992 mr Olympia, I don't see a "lance" even listed as competing in the 92 Olympia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Mr._Olympia

Still as it's more a pageant the worlds best bodybuilder isn't necessary more athletic at fighting than any other random pro bb.

Even so, we know this already. We all learnt at UFC 1 that huge muscles and a size/strength advantage doesn't mean you will automatically win.

The average male American is 5'9 and 195 lbs with a 39 inch waist.

So you'd have to be at least bigger than that to be considered big.

Yeah, but that's a fat fuck.

I mean...the average female is 5'5 165. Makes Ronda look small in comparison.

And he had tits that make most Brazzers "actresses" jealous...

Brazzers_o_146080.jpg

Everyone you mentioned can call out guys in the WWE. Conor can too. Difference is Conor would lose to a few of them. Hell even Diaz was too big for him. Guys like Weidman, Cormier, Hunt, etc. would only lose to Brock.

In short, MW and above. WW's are mostly athletic but average to slightly above average sized men.

Lol! Average to slightly above average for UFC WW's righttt.
I'm a broad shouldered 5'10 with a 71 inch reach. As the average height/reach is 5'9.75 and 70 inches I'd say I'm pretty spot on average size and proportion. Difference is I workout, keeping myself in lean condition while slinging a 275 bench and 420 dead.

Meanwhile I'd cut to FW... UFC WW's are average only in height. Size takes into account muscle and 190+ lean while competing in a cardio intensive sport takes a beast of a human indeed.

This is what what the "average" American male looks like after getting into fight shape. A small man indeed when next to the WW's.

image_crop.php

Darren and me have an inch on the WW champ, but even if we added 30 pounds of fat to our frames I doubt we'd call this guy small.

160891935.jpg

As I said, height sure, but size? Good luck hitting that "size" natty, average joe lol.

Last edited:
Big E in wwe is one of the biggest guys and is 5'11 in wrestling height so more like 5'9 in real life

He would kill connor

Lol! Average to slightly above average for UFC WW's righttt.
I'm a broad shouldered 5'10 with a 71 inch reach. As the average height/reach is 5'9.75 and 70 inches I'd say I'm pretty spot on average size and proportion. Difference is I workout, keeping myself in lean condition while slinging a 275 bench and 420 dead.

Meanwhile I'd cut to FW... UFC WW's are average only in height. Size takes into account muscle and 190+ lean while competing in a cardio intensive sport takes a beast of a human indeed.

This is what what the "average" American male looks like after getting into fight shape. A small man indeed when next to the WW's.

image_crop.php

Darren and me have an inch on the WW champ, but even if we added 30 pounds of fat to our frames I doubt we'd call this guy small.

160891935.jpg

As I said, height sure, but size? Good luck hitting that "size" natty, average joe lol.

As I said, they look athletic and muscle bound sure, but if they were at a local crowded bar with a bunch of clothes on they wouldn't entirely stand out. Some middleweights are well above 200lb prior to cutting, Chael is the size of a small HW when he isn't training. Even people among the 6-6'3" are a pretty common height, anything above 6'5" is a rare sight.

Well a minimal trained Brock was beating Frank Mir until he got submitted. And 5 year lay off lesnar exposed Hunt as the one dimensional fighter he is with ZERO ground game/grappling skills.

Brock's not a good marker of wwe talent. The guy was a phenom athlete before the wwe touched him, left there and made a pro nfl team and transition to mma.Let's see how cm punk does

As I said, they look athletic and muscle bound sure, but if they were at a local crowded bar with a bunch of clothes on they wouldn't entirely stand out. Some middleweights are well above 200lb prior to cutting, Chael is the size of a small HW when he isn't training. Even people among the 6-6'3" are a pretty common height, anything above 6'5" is a rare sight.

As someone who stands at average height (above average muscle but also above average leanness) I'd just consider the FW's average looking sized guys in the bar (obviously the sub 5'8 guys come across as quite short), with the LW's average sized/slightly above average but in serious shape (5'9, 180 pound lean RDA for example, 6 foot, 180 pounds shredded Sage northcutt) and the WW's and above "big guys" (I.e I'd start to feel like I'd get seriously outsized/muscled against a guy that large).

All the people taller than 5'10 (or shorter) don't know what input you can put in here. The average (majority) of men will see things at a different height/scale than you, this is a question for the average man (5'9.5-5'10).

The average male American is 5'9 and 195 lbs with a 39 inch waist.

So you'd have to be at least bigger than that to be considered big.
In lean bodymass,Conor is completely average when going by those stats . Conor has a 32 inch waist and a BF% of 15% at 175, The average man at 195 Ibs and a 39 inch waist has a BF% of 25%. Conor at a BF% of 25 would weigh 193 pounds and the average man when adjusted to Conor's current BF% would weigh 175.

Last edited:
Of course, Hoost fought like a tard. But it still shows size matters.

And that size difference was no way near as pronounced as say... Conor vs The Rock.

Imagine if Conor had to take the piledriver that Sapp did to Nog...... he'd be dead (Im still not sure how Nog isn't, actually).
Size matters when both people had combat training

Of course, Hoost fought like a tard. But it still shows size matters.

And that size difference was no way near as pronounced as say... Conor vs The Rock.

Imagine if Conor had to take the piledriver that Sapp did to Nog...... he'd be dead (Im still not sure how Nog isn't, actually).
Bob Sapp was a Freak athlete. The average NFL defensive lineman is 6'3 weighs a flabby 295 Lbs and runs a 40 yard dash in 5.1 secounds. Bob sapp was 320 lean in the NFL and could run a 40 yard dash in 4.9 seconds, bench press 600 pounds and deadlift 800 . When he fought Ernesto(who weighs 220), he weighed in at nearly 350 while still lean, that's a huge amount of weight to give up(Conor would be giving up 85 pounds against the Rock). Also, Sapp cheated in that fight without any punishment from the Ref. While Sapp appears to be unskilled in comparison to other fighters, he had MMA/kickboxing experience that neither the Rock nor any WWE guys had except for Lesnar. Sapp later went on to lose many fights against unnamed fighters half his size.

But that a 5'9, 160lbs guy would struggle to beat a WWE guy the size of Brock Lesnar.
Not struggle, just impossible. 0/100 times does wee connie beat BROCK in a fight. Maybe 1/1000 because BROCK slips on his own beast sweat, and knocks himself out german suplexing wee connie 15 feet across the cage.

Im sure they're are "pro wrestlers" that can handle themselves but anyone of them under 185 pounds would take a beating at the hands of Conor or any other cage fighter.....

....and lets say youre 210 pounds and have never been in a fist fight before but youre a "pro wrestler"------ probably wouldn't like your chances..lol.

^^^ This

We have people posting videos of an 8 degree coral belt BJJ legend subbing a bodybuilder and that apparently means all of a sudden Conor is going to pull out subs on even larger, significantly more athletic opponents...

Ummm, you have terrible reading comprehension errors. The thread isn't asking if Conor can beat these big guys. It is asking how big one has to be to credibly call them out. So I posted a video of a 150 lb black belt that beat a 230 lb body builder. This proves that a 150 lb guy can beat a much much larger man. Yes he needs to know some shit, like be an expert at BJJ.

No one is arguing that you average 150 lb Joe can whoop any muscle freak. But an exceptionally talented martial artist can beat a guy with no experience other than lifting weights and doing stunt fighting.

Back