When do you consider a fighter big? Large? Able to talk crap to WWE giants? Conor too small?

I like how nobody can answer the question. Yet every single day in every thread people are calling Conor "small" and all the WWE fan boys call him small.

So what size fighter do you guys consider big?

The average male American is 5'9 and 195 lbs with a 39 inch waist.

So you'd have to be at least bigger than that to be considered big.

So Conor Mcgregor is 5'9 apparently (probably more like 5'8 and a 1/2) or 174cm or maybe 175cm (5 feet 8.9 inches). And he weighs what normally 165lbs?

Many people are now saying these huge WWE giants can destroy him. If they had minimal training st the least they could own him.

So what height or weight do you consider big? What must a guys height be at a minimum and what must his weight be?

Can 5'10, Daniel Cormier who weighs 225lbs call out WWE giants?

Can 5'10 something, Mark Hunt who weighs 265lbs to 275lbs call out WWE giants?

Can 5'9 Hector Lombard who weighs 205lbs or more at his walk around weight call out WWE giants?

Can 5'11, Robbie Lawler who weighs 188lbs talk crap to WWE giants?

Can 6'1, 240lbs Cain Velazquez?

Can 6'2, 205lb Chris Weidman?

Can 6'4, 220lb Jon Jones?

Can 5'9, 170lbs Eddie Alvarez?
Styles make fights, a striker like mcgregor would have a disadvantage against many of the high level greco wrestlers that transition into wwe.
HOWEVER a smaller guy like a aldo who has great tdd and bjj i would easily favorite over Pretty much every wwe performer.
Same goes for rda and other complete fighters.
I still think conor whoops the wwe guys but a prime kurt angle and a few others would give him problems and could beat him considering conor needs to be good off his back to beat a bigger guy whos experienced in grappling.

Too answer your question mw is when guys are generally big enough to beat all freaks regardless of height.
But many small fighters would pose threats to bigger guys which would make them favorites.
Mcgregor is just a guy who relys on length and forward pressure to get the job done.

Last edited:
Don't forget Bob Sapp destroying Ernesto Hoost multiple times in K-1
Hoost had all the tools to beat sapp he hurt him multiple times each fight.
Hoost has a low fight iq and a sky high ego thats why he lost.
Instead of moving his head and ducking sapps wild telegraphed right hands over and over again.
He decided to stand there with his tiny glove up and absorb them, he knew they were coming he just tryed to out tank a bigger tank.
Tyson would have ripped sapp a new asshole if that fight would have ever happen and he was much smaller than Hoost and sapp

You probably won't get a serious reply in here. I saw a similar thread recently where someone was asking about the height of people on here and almost everyone was afraid to put their actual height.

Yet they're all the ones calling people "manlets" for being 5'9.

I consider someone big if they can walk into a bar and be bigger than most people there. I consider someone small if they walk into a bar and are shorter and more slight than most people there. I think guys who are small enough to fight at 145 are "small," and don't start thinking guys are "big" until you get up to MW, at least.

Generally, WWE guys are very large, at least they were back in the golden age of steroids in the 1980's when I knew more than a couple of guys. That doesn't mean that a small guy who trains bjj can't choke them out though.

By bigger I think you are meaning frame, most LWs now would look jacked in frame/presence than 99% of people in a bar, WW and above they'd look huge. Big difference between being 190lbs of easy working life and 190lbs of professional fighter.

If for example this guy chalenged all WWE stars to try to fight him , we would literally hear back nothing but crickets ...

vaulty1394834778n9yr.jpg

WWE would probably send Cigano some yellow roses i might add.

B
Hoost had all the tools to beat sapp he hurt him multiple times each fight.
Hoost has a low fight iq and a sky high ego thats why he lost.
Instead of moving his head and ducking sapps wild telegraphed right hands over and over again.
He decided to stand there with his tiny glove up and absorb them, he knew they were coming he just tryed to out tank a bigger tank.
Tyson would have ripped sapp a new asshole if that fight would have ever happen and he was much smaller than Hoost and sapp
Besides, Sapp has a negative record in both Kickboxing and MMA

Still real to you, I guess, huh? LOL, it's a freakin' game, bro...how do people not see this??? smh

The average male American is 5'9 and 195 lbs with a 39 inch waist.

So you'd have to be at least bigger than that to be considered big.

Yeah but he's just really fat. Someone shorter and fatter than me with way less muscle,
reach etc isn't really "bigger than me" other than around the middle imo.

A guy a couple inches taller than average and 20 or so pounds of muscle more than average will seem decently big so 5'11.5, 185 pounds lean will seem pretty big to the average guy.

Well a minimal trained Brock was beating Frank Mir until he got submitted. And 5 year lay off lesnar exposed Hunt as the one dimensional fighter he is with ZERO ground game/grappling skills.
By minimal training you mean a lifetime of competing and training in the arguably most effective martial art, in wrestling (not rasslin')?

And Hunt was "Exposed" because Lesnar was juiced to the gills. Give Hunt some juice and then lets see what happens. You are prolly one of those posters that thought Juicin' Johnny Jones competed clean and Aldo didn't throw his piss over his shoulder and call cops on the tester. You were prolly also one that thought RDA turned from journey man to world beater in his mid 30's without random testing, then got KTFO'd by a Bellator vet when he was finally randomly tested.

An Ubereem probably makes the entire WWE roster piss themselves. An Econoreem simply beats the shit out of them.

I consider someone big if they can walk into a bar and be bigger than most people there. I consider someone small if they walk into a bar and are shorter and more slight than most people there. I think guys who are small enough to fight at 145 are "small," and don't start thinking guys are "big" until you get up to MW, at least.

Generally, WWE guys are very large, at least they were back in the golden age of steroids in the 1980's when I knew more than a couple of guys. That doesn't mean that a small guy who trains bjj can't choke them out though.
I think you underestimate how big WWs and MWs are. A guy like Lawler is 5'11 and is built like a 200lb tank. He's a big guy. Guys like Rory, Magny, Hyun Gyu Lim, and Condit are big dudes, especially when they're not cutting weight. Even the shorter guys at WW are built like powerhouses. Most MWs walk around at well over 200lbs of muscle. If you saw guys like Okami or Luke in person, you'd realize that they're massive.

Even if a guy is a professional fighter if hes giving up the size difference between Conor and Brock...forget about it.

Just too damn big. Swing and hope for the best.

If for example this guy chalenged all WWE stars to try to fight him , we would literally hear back nothing but crickets ...

vaulty1394834778n9yr.jpg

WWE would probably send Cigano some yellow roses i might add.

Yet he never would because he has nothing to prove. Of course a little Manlet like Conor would try to stir shit up whether he could or couldn't. This goes along the whole being humble or not in Conor's case.

Here is a 170 lb Muay Thai guy beating respectable HW kickboxers that would all kick the shit out of 99% of pro wrestlers.

I'll see what else I can find.

Back