When did you start inc. supplements?

oc pitbull

Orange Belt
Reaction score
for someone who wants to get very serious about mma when did you start taking supplements, gear, HGH? Did you ever take them? what are your thoughts. I use to juice when i was younger (would say not to unless your 25 or over) and use to take hgh, for a while(about a year). I am against using the sauce again i would feel like i am cheating myself but is it that common in mma. Besides the obv hahaah baroni, shark...

I never used anything until i started wrestling in high school when i was around 15, i started buying protein powder and lived off of it during the season, bought creatine for the off season to bulk up and thats when i started taking multi-vitamins, just basic stuff i guess

In all honesty, I started way to early, before I put my diet completely in check.

^^^same here. My diet wasnt all that and I was taking all bunch of different supps. I even did a half cycle of Deca back when I was 17. A friend and I split it, lol! along with test shots. I was stupid back then. Now, my diet is on point and I have made way better gains through diet itself, hardwork and very few supps if at all.

In all honesty, I started way to early, before I put my diet completely in check.

Same

But stand point on supplements is that I won't take anything that will effect my hormone levels

I pretty much went on a high meat / high carb diet for a few months, then started taking creatine and shortly after protein powder.

Now I'm basically whatever diet wise. I just eat calorie dense food. It's too hard to keep weight on without eating at least 2500-3000 calories a day. I take ~25g casein/whey a day on non-training days and ~50g additional whey on training days.

Back