When did you first start to feel older

Fun fact, gout used to be known as the 'rich mans disease'. Since it's caused by a build up of uric acid crystals that's usually found in food/drink (like beer) that only the rich could afford in the past. I think it's always caused by diet (but don't quote me on that one). I hear it hurts pretty bad, too...
yea, i heard it called that when i researched it after getting it. The pain is unbearable. feel like someone is just stabbing you repeatedly in the toe. worst pain i had ever experienced until i lived for a week with a misdignosed staph infection that continued to get worse and almost killed me

Actually a few months ago, I'm 39 and was diagnosed with tennis elbow. It's funny though the doctor said it absolutely will not go away on it's own I need physiotherapy she said. 3 months later without physio it's gone.
yea, I've got a jacked elbow as well similar to TE. nagging injury and aggravated by many movement slows the healing process.

I've worked out consistently for 20 years and felt the same all the way up to 36. At 36 everything started hurting...I totally shifted my training focus. Now I work my rotator cuff , do yoga, etc first. ..and when I'm feeling up to it, I workout hard. Also shifted focus to diet..intermittent fasting trying to be as lean as possible

I’m 37. 36 was also the first year I’ve basically felt perpetually injured in bjj. Nothing about my consistency or intensity of training has really changed since I was 30. Now I just feel old.

I'm 40 now. Started noticing my age last year when dating 18 - 22 year old girls. I feel like I'm 27/28 at most, so it's always a bit of a shock to me when I look at pictures my date and I take together. Their face is smooth but mine has some lines and wrinkles, especially when I smile. hah.

I'm 34 still don't feel old. Feel in the best shape of my life honestly BP is the lowest it's been in a long time cause of BJJ.

hard to remember the very first time. probably around six years ago or so at work, when i was fixing a younger early-twenties chick's pc, and she said, "thank you sir". took me back a bit. and i thought to myself, "i'm thirty-two. am i now old?" lol. at thirty-eight. i feel better than ever, but age is relative. someone is always going to be older or younger to you.

hard to remember the very first time. probably around six years ago or so at work, when i was fixing a younger early-twenties chick's pc, and she said, "thank you sir". took me back a bit. and i thought to myself, "i'm thirty-two. am i now old?" lol. at thirty-eight. i feel better than ever, but age is relative. someone is always going to be older or younger to you.

LOL - 3 years ago I was in the checkout at a grocery store and The Cure's "why can't i be you" was playing over the PA. THe cashier was humming along and this is the convo:

me: "ha. This was a staple of the acid house playlist".

cashier: "Oh cool, I love this song. What's acid house".

Me: "it was a style of music that some DJs would mix at clubs in the late 80s".

Cashier: "oh. I wasn't born until 1997".

Me: :(

about 2-3 years ago i was at my friend's house, and he has kids about age 9 and 10. the 10 year old asked me about 9/11 and i realized there's an entire generation of people now that weren't alive for that day.

definitely made me feel like an old man.

LOL - 3 years ago I was in the checkout at a grocery store and The Cure's "why can't i be you" was playing over the PA. THe cashier was humming along and this is the convo:

me: "ha. This was a staple of the acid house playlist".

cashier: "Oh cool, I love this song. What's acid house".

Me: "it was a style of music that some DJs would mix at clubs in the late 80s".

Cashier: "oh. I wasn't born until 1997".

Me: :(

haha. man, 1997 to me still feels relatively recent. only graduated high school a year afterwards.

When social media started happening

Already finished with my schooling so all these snapchatty kids make me feel like a fucking dinosaur

I'm only 32, but looking at the progression of technology in the past 10-20 years and how the youth of today interact with it really does make me feel like a relic.

When my friends and family started dying due to me murdering them.

I’m 38 and bits are dropping off me.

After years of heavy weights my shoulders are gone, my elbows are going and I’m getting arthritis in my fingers.

Fuck me man, aging sucks ass.

I’m scared to go to sleep in case I don’t wake up.

36. I felt young and fine before that. After 36 and now that I'm 41 I feel old as fuck :( - I used to be jacked and lift heavy weights. At some point in life you give up heavy weights and you give up trying to gain mass and muscle and you just try to maintain any muscle you have......heh. Getting old sucks.

I’m 37. 36 was also the first year I’ve basically felt perpetually injured in bjj. Nothing about my consistency or intensity of training has really changed since I was 30. Now I just feel old.

Yeh literally one joint after another started having nagging pain. Can't imagine if I was having my joints twisted and wrenched on top of it.

Back