When did you become passionate about MMA?

UFC 42 Sudo vs Ludwig got me hooked. Hughes Sherk was good too, but Ludwig/Sudo is what did it. Started buying pride DvDs after that. It was surprising, but back then pride fights were way easier to find in DVD places than UFC.

Early 2000s, when I started watching Pride on the sports channel in Brazil. Would stay up til two or three am to catch the events.

Wand was the guy that made me follow the sport.

Pretty much right after renting UFC 2 or 1 VHS tape from Blockbuster Video back in the 90's.

Yep. I couldn't believe they had actually people fighting for real. I was hooked from the get go and I've never looked back. I've seen every UFC card since UFC 1.

around 05' i bought most of the library of pride and k1 1993 to 2006 ish and was hooked

watched ultimate ultimate 96' and was a casual fan till about 06' when i went full pride tard.

tumblr_mahcorSMim1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Matt Brown/Pete Sell at UFC 96 spiked my interest, Machida/Evans at UFC 98 sealed the deal.

Ultimate Fight Night 5 Anderson Silvas UFC debut.. after that I bought ufc 61 and haven't missed much since.

Watched the first few events but as I was only 13 or so at the time I really didn't follow it too hard-core then as hard as it was to follow we did catch'em on PPV at my mate's via his older "juicing" brother & friend's lol.

That being said it wasn't till around 03 or so was when I started to pay proper heed to it and immersed myself in the sport and brought it on par with the other one's I follow vigorously. Pride was the bait that hooked me. From there I went back & watched as much as I could. Any and all UFC events, Vale Tudo tournies and the even managed to see a few UCC/TKO events. Was hooked proper since then abouts.

Back