when did matt mitrione leave roufosport

aidan722

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
anyone have any idea? it seems like the promising fighter has lost every fight since he left. i cant confirm this...i think he left went to another camp and now is with blackzillians. but when and why did he leave? it really seems he completely spiraled downward since.

anyone have any idea? it seems like the promising fighter has lost every fight since he left. i cant confirm this...i think he left went to another camp and now is with blackzillians. but when and why did he leave? it really seems he completely spiraled downward since.

That+gif+is+++scary+dude+_8b4c753e23c2c748b18e79aa6050ce25.jpg

Better queston is why did anyone think he was any good or promising? Why were a bunch of people calling Roy Nelson a top5-10 contender after he KO'd short notice Matt Mitrione?

Why did Matt only suck after Schaub easily tooled him?

I thought it was obvious all along.

^^Zlatan Tuf-10 Sherdoggers won't say it now but I've been getting butthurt repsonses and talk of talent for years when I menitned how garbage Matt was.

A few years ago. The guys at the gym were too small and he didn't have enough sparring partners, so he went to train with Deathclutch. Same goes for Pat Barry as well.

It was after kimbo I believe. He went to Xtreme Couture then He started his own gym, then joined the blackzilians.

A few years ago. The guys at the gym were too small and he didn't have enough sparring partners, so he went to train with Deathclutch. Same goes for Pat Barry as well.

Incorrect. Matt never trained with DeathClutch. Pat was invited to DeathClutch and did train there.

Mitrione left Roufusport because of a lack of heavyweights. He trained there with Pat, but Pat was invited to join DeathClutch - where he stayed until they closed. Mitrione lives in Indianapolis and at the time there were not many gyms or heavies for him to battle. He would get in workouts where he could - like renting out a room for the day at a YMCA and wrestling Sean McCorkle. Mitrione spent a month or two in Las Vegas at Xtreme Couture working with that crew and specifically with coach Neil Melanson. After that, Mitrione was invited to join Blackzilians and trains there for his specific fight camps. During the rest of the year, Mitrione recently opened his own gym called Integrated Fighting Academy in Indianapolis, Indiana.

As for when he left Roufusport? It was at the very least before his Morecraft bout in Pittsburgh. He was training with Xtreme Couture then.

As for Pat Barry, he joined DeathClutch. DeathClutch closed. Pat stayed in Minnesota and trained with Erik Paulson at the Academy. Pat began splitting time training with Trevor Wittman's crew in Colorado at Grudge and, most recently, Pat trained some at Jackson-Winkeljons in AB, NM.

When he first came off the TUF show he had some promise from what I watched...had a few good fights...but he never progressed, Not sure it it was his training, focus or whatever....but it seems he got worse ever since his decision loss to Kongo.

He just didnt seem to take anything seriously after that.

worst decision he could have made, the blackzilians are horrible

Better queston is why did anyone think he was any good or promising? Why were a bunch of people calling Roy Nelson a top5-10 contender after he KO'd short notice Matt Mitrione?

Why did Matt only suck after Schaub easily tooled him?

I thought it was obvious all along.

^^Zlatan Tuf-10 Sherdoggers won't say it now but I've been getting butthurt repsonses and talk of talent for years when I menitned how garbage Matt was.

I thought he was a decent prospect until Kongo beat him. That loss to Schaub was just plain embarrassing. Losing to Schaub should get you released.

Mitrione's biggest win is Joey Beltran, who's a slugger and better suited at LHW. I don't think he'll ever break the top 20 in the UFC rankings.

Incorrect. Matt never trained with DeathClutch. Pat was invited to DeathClutch and did train there.

Mitrione left Roufusport because of a lack of heavyweights. He trained there with Pat, but Pat was invited to join DeathClutch - where he stayed until they closed. Mitrione lives in Indianapolis and at the time there were not many gyms or heavies for him to battle. He would get in workouts where he could - like renting out a room for the day at a YMCA and wrestling Sean McCorkle. Mitrione spent a month or two in Las Vegas at Xtreme Couture working with that crew and specifically with coach Neil Melanson. After that, Mitrione was invited to join Blackzilians and trains there for his specific fight camps. During the rest of the year, Mitrione recently opened his own gym called Integrated Fighting Academy in Indianapolis, Indiana.

As for when he left Roufusport? It was at the very least before his Morecraft bout in Pittsburgh. He was training with Xtreme Couture then.

As for Pat Barry, he joined DeathClutch. DeathClutch closed. Pat stayed in Minnesota and trained with Erik Paulson at the Academy. Pat began splitting time training with Trevor Wittman's crew in Colorado at Grudge and, most recently, Pat trained some at Jackson-Winkeljons in AB, NM.

thanks. makes sense, but wonder what his record was fighting for ruofo v out, also pat's...also i never thought he was a GREAT prospect, but given the weakness of the ufc hw. he was on a few second roll and could have been top ten.

Back