when did all the conor hype start?

Not to the same degree. Show a casual a Jon Jones fight. Then show them a Conor McGregor fight. Then ask them who has more talent.

Show a child a bowl full of candy & a bowl of salad of course he's gonna take the candy, even though the salad is better. Eventually the child grows and sees that salad was much better for him than the empty candy.

Right after people realized Sonnen was on his way out. That should pretty much say it all.

I Dont misunderstand, hes a good and exciting fighter, but if you only watch the fights, he certainly wouldn't be as big as he is right now.

If we only had the fights more people would be much more willing to admit how intriguing this match up is.

But you're not wrong...his self promotion is what has him on another level and has the viewers coming in droves. He has been calling out the top Feddaweights in the UFC since he arrived. I think it really gained steam in the build up to what would have been the Cole Miller fight. Conor put his PR in overdrive for that one and never let up.

Now half want to see him lose, half want to see him win, and everyone wants to see what he'll do next.

I feel like it happened after the Brimage fight. I didn't even really know who he was but I saw Kenny Florian saying he thought McGregor was the best featherweight in the world shortly after that fight so I took notice.

Back