when did all the conor hype start?

Serious answer is his interviews on the MMA hour. He went on before his first fight and was a huge hit with his personality and he and Brimage talked a lot of trash.

Then after his fight of course he got a lot of buzz and also went back on Ariel's show and went full Conor talking about spending all his money and shit lol.

But yeah his buzz started after the first Ariel interview. I believe he was the picking favorite in his first UFC fight just because of the popularity he gained from that.

Its hilarious how the doubters keep refusing to watch the actual fights and realize Conor is a beast. Please tell me who was the last guy to have a debut like Conors?

When he was born....that is when the hype started bro

I have no idea when the GOAT talk started, but the first instance in which I've caught wind of any hype was when someone posted the picture of him with two CW belts before the Brimmage fight.

Right after the brimage fight.

He had hype before the Brimage fight. He was CW champ when he signed with the UFC and his highlight reel KO of Buchinger was all over MMA news sites. Dana was constantly hassled "when are you going to sign McGregor" by fans and journos every time he went to Europe.

You could say that it was after Brimmage KO that the fans who only watch UFC became aware of him but certainly prior to that fight he already had a tonne of hype among people who watched his earlier fights.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...ion-7-50am-pt-10-50am-et-2436403/index78.html

"hype train" is mentioned a bunch of times and pretty much everybody knew it was going to be an exciting debut.

Like someone else said. When he started moving like Bruce Lee.
Bruce Lee + Chael Sonnen + Anderson Silva = Connor Mcgreggor

When he was born....that is when the hype started bro

And this exactly why I can't fully get into Conor, I don't want to be lumped in with fans like this who come across like a 13yr old girl. I'm a fight fan before I'm any one man's fan I like Conor's movement but I find myself wanting him to be humbled into a deep KO just so he could lose his One Direction fan base and get some real fight fans to discuss him without creaming themselves.

Not another bloody Conor McGregor thread :icon_cry2

3882493-7527490443-tumbl.gif

Hype started when he executed that textbook slip and counter on Ivan Buchinger
conor.gif

I don't when specifically the hype started. But the GOAT talk started because of his resemblance to an actual goat.

Hype started when he executed that textbook slip and counter on Ivan Buchinger
conor.gif

this is the ONLY time ive seen proper boxing in mma. terrific counter punching.

when he says these guys are basic he isn't lying

The guy built a rep here in the UK for being charismatic, but actually backing his words up impressively. Our scene isn't as big, one guy with charisma and success can quickly become very popular here i.e. Tom 'Kong' Watson is everybodies mother's favourite fighter here due to his televised BAMMA stint.

People became interested fast, he began running his mouth about how he'd do in UFC and then he signed... and is actually doing what he said. People get behind the old school Ali types, look at David Hayes' popularity when he moved to Heavyweight, said he'd tool people and then it started happening.

The destruction of top contender Poirier cemented it. Zombie took four rounds to stop him, Cub had to decision him, McGregor destroyed him within the timeframe he predicted... If he beats Siver AND Aldo, well its gonna get even more ridiculous around here lol

The guy built a rep here in the UK for being charismatic, but actually backing his words up impressively. Our scene isn't as big, one guy with charisma and success can quickly become very popular here i.e.

Surprised that he had a rep over in the UK only having fought there once. I thought BAMMA and UCMMA were the big shows over there rather than CW.

I know Gunni certainly had hype over there, he had here too before he was signed.

Back